Cake - #9

Ok, but, overprotective Peter being like a mother to his siblings gives me life.

...
"CAKE!" Say a girl with red hair and green eyes excited. His two brothers accepted baking a cake with her. Exciting isn't? And the best part is that Peter was visiting them so it would be a homemade cake. Which make it incredible because Jack didn't know how to cook and they always have to eat fast food.

Peter smiled at the excitement of his little sister. "Ok Dee, let's get started. You know where I can have an apron?" Asked the oldest, and Jack just smiled maliciously.

Peter remembering quickly what is the only apron in the house change his happy face for a serious one.

"No..." Said Peter with a look that pleaded for mercy but it was late, Jack got out the pink apron of their mother. "Yes..." Said the one with moustache with a more bigger smile.

Peter not wanting to get his clothes dirty and be scolded by his wife, he had to put the pink apron.

The oldest went to power on the oven but remembers Dee is there and grabbed her hand "No. You can't touch it" Said serious the oldest that only received a look of hate from the little girl.

Jack was still trying to see how a mixer worked when Peter was already doing the dough and humming the melody of "Bimbo doll" and he couldn't help but laugh at that.

"Could you stop laughing Jackie? I'm trying to do my job here. Why don't you hold Dee meanwhile the two see how I prepare the cake?" Later of saying that Peter focused on mix the dough.

"PETER. I told you already I'm not 'Jackie'"Jack rodded his eyes and hold Dee, the little girl just giggle in his arms.

"Like you say Jackie!" Peter said in a motherly tone smiling. He just put his brother nicknames to bother him when they were little and well, one thing led to another and now it's more of a habit.

"Yes mom" Replied Jack to annoy him. It was funny how Peter obtain that name. When the three lived together and Dee was only 1 year old, Peter hold her and her first word was 'mom' referring to Peter. And since then he is 'mom Peter'.

Obviously now Dee knows he is not her 'mom'. But Jack keeps annoying him with that.

Now was Peter's time to rod his eyes to Jack's attitude and grabbed a bowl putting the mix there, forming a circle. Dee smile to this because she saw they (but mostly Peter) were doing a chocolate cake. Her favorite.

"Peter, I made two friends the other week in the school. They're incredible! Their names are..." Dee started talking about her friends, Peter always was happy that even everything that was happening, Dee could be happy. He always went to visit them everytime he could and sometimes send them money of his jobs.

He didn't show it but he was hurt of having to left them alone, he knew Jack was angry about this but he couldn't do anything about it and Caroline was somewhat right. He needed to let them grown.

The sound of the alarm get him out of his thoughts, the cake was already baked and ready to eat. "I will out it on the table Peter. Hold Dee for me" Said the one with the moustache giving Dee to him. Jack out the cook gloves and get the cake.

He put it on the dining table, it smelled lovely and it would taste the same, right?

Dee was excited and skipped from Peter's arms to the table, Peter followed after her later of taking of the apron and Jack later sit when he ended of putting a glass of water for Peter, one of milk for Dee and a beer for him, how much has happened since they didn't have a food together?

"You should stop drinking that Jack. It is bad for your health" Said Peter, he was worried for Jack or that at least he didn't do this type of stuff in front of Dee. He just answered with a "I know how to take care of myself Peter, I don't need you to tell me what I need to drink" not paying too much attention to the comment. They started eating and Dee was surprised with the food "Wow Peter, you really are a good chef!" Said the little girl, Peter received the compliment with a proud smile and a "Thank you lil' sister!"

Jack also liked the food but he wasn't giving his brother being proud and just nodded agreeing with her sister.

But he didn't need to do it, Peter knew him enough to know that nod was his form of saying "Incredible food, you have talent" (maybe not like that, but you understand) and he saw Jack with that victorious smile he always did when he was proud.

The three ended eating all his piece of cake and the oldest of the three decided it was time for him to go.

"You seriously need to go? We were enjoying your company." Said Dee a little disappointed, Peter pat her head and nodded telling her that he would be soon with them again.

"Be careful, alright? And tell Caroline that I say hello." Said Jack waving goodbye to his brother. Peter smiled and told him "I will. Don't worry, and I will come visit you next month " Later of this, the oldest started to list all the things Jack needed to remember and what Dee needed that only were answered with "Yes, I know mom" or eye rolls with nods.

Now, Peter was ready to go. Even if it still hurt like the first time it would be alright. He trust Jack after all and meanwhile he had everything under control he didn't have to worry.

The oldest started his car and saw in the window how his siblings waved goodbye at him and went to his house to see his beautiful 'Carrot cake'

...

Yes, Peter thinks he is a 5 stars chef and like Carrot is similar to Caroline. He decided to give her that nickname.