Chapter 2 : Too stunned to speak, pt 2.

Third person point of view

Aaron went back home right after that. He looked at the ring on his finger and remembered the kiss too. This was way too troublesome. He felt like he should've just settled the matter right there. But Cecil looked too miserable at that moment. Aaron pulled at the ring and it came off with a bit of difficulty. 

It left a light mark on his finger. He put the ring on the table and rubbed his finger. He huffed and went to take a bath. He walked out in his pajamas and went to the living room. He saw his family gathered there along with their lawyer. He couldn't help have a bad premonition about it. He frowned and went to sit on the chair beside his mother. 

" What is happening ? " Aaron asked and his parents looked concerned but didn't say anything. Aaron didn't know what was wrong. If there was some issue, he would be the first one to know. So he didn't know why the lawyer was here at home with his family. When their eyes met, even the lawyer looked a little hesitant. 

Aaron really was starting to panic now. " I will get it done by tomorrow ". The lawyer said to the old man and gave Aaron a sympathetic look. Aaron wondered if they found out about the whole situation. His heart trembled at the thought. There was no way they would actually find it out that easily or quickly. 

And there are very high chances that the matter wouldn't see light. Aaron went and sat in the chair the lawyer was previously in. " What is it grandpa ? Is there a problem ? " His grandfather looked at him and nodded. " What is your age ? " " 32 ". Aaron answered. " How old will you be in four months ? " 

" 33 ? " Aaron answered not knowing where this was going. " What about marriage ? " Aaron understood the purpose of those questions. " I told you I will do it if I find someone suitable ". " And that is ? When you turn 60 ? " His grandfather asked in a sarcastic tone. Aaron sighed feeling his head ache. 

He really didn't have the energy to deal with such a matter. " I didn't say that ". His grandfather scoffed. Aaron rubbed his temples feeling exhausted and turned to his grandfather. " That is not the issue right now. Why was the lawyer here ? Did something happen ? " His grandfather suddenly smiled confusing Aaron. 

" I just asked him to make a change in the will. If you don't get married before your birthday, you will not be inheriting any of this and it will all go to the orphanage we are running. You will be left with not a single penny ". Aaron's jaw dropped for the second time that day. " You're kidding me ? " His grandfather didn't show any reaction. 

He glanced at his parents and their faces said it all. Aaron scowled. " This is not fair. What do you mean by that ? " " It is what it is ". His grandfather said looking like he wasn't bothered in the slightest by this. " I get it if you don't want to give me what is yours. But isn't the chain of hotels mine ? I was the one who did it; even the resorts ". He countered. 

" I guess so, but isn't it still registered under my brand ? " Aaron forgot about that for a second there. Of course it would be. He didn't know what was with his day. Did he commit some sin ? The heavens are against him for sure. He sat back in the chair not knowing what to say. He let out a breath and leaned forward to negotiate again. 

" But at least give me some time. Few more months maybe ? " Aaron asked desperately. " You have months; four of them ". " That is too less ". " Less ? The first time I asked you, you were 27 and now you are 32. What about those 60 months ? You had them all to yourself. And look at you now ". Aaron wanted to cry. 

He didn't remember the last time he cried but he really felt like it then. He put his face in his palms. The shock was too big for his brain to handle. He got up from there and walked to go to his room. His mother called for him but he heard his grandfather saying to let him be. He went and sat on the desk chair. 

He threw his head back looking at the ceiling. He felt helpless after so long. This was probably a day where everything only went wrong for him. He did a lot of things and faced a lot of them too but this was the worst ever as far as he could remember. The audacity of these situations was dumbfounding to him. 

He sat up properly and rubbed his temples. His eyes landed on the ring on the table. He glared hard at it. But as he continued to stare... A bulb lit up above his head. He picked it up immediately taking it into his hands. He remembered Cecil's words. " I am technically married... no, half married should I say ? " 

He thought about it and decided on what he should be doing. He picked up his phone and called his assistant. He picked up in one ring. " Can you ask Mr. David to contact me ? " " Sure thing sir. Right away ? " " Yeah. Also make sure to clear my schedule for tomorrow morning and reschedule them ". " Alright sir ". 

His assistant hung up and in less than 5 minutes Aaron got the call. " Hello sir ". " What is it, Mr. Knight ? " " Did you talk anything with the minister ? " " Nothing as of now ". Aaron felt relieved. " Is it fine for me to visit your house tomorrow ? " David frowned. Aaron spoke again. " I have something to talk to you about ". 

There was a moment of silence. " Alright ". " Thank you sir ". Aaron hung up and thought over his plan. He nodded to himself. He went down to have to dinner with his family. They all ate in silence. " Is it fine as long as it is anyone I say ? " Aaron asked breaking the silence and his grandfather looked at him. Aaron was stern about this. 

He should at least have that freedom. " Fine ". His grandfather replied. " Anyone ? " Aaron asked again. His grandfather sat back in the chair. " Yes. Anyone ". Aaron nodded. His parents looked at each other not sure what to do or say. They finished dinner and went back to their rooms. Aaron couldn't sleep well that night. He tossed around for a long time before he could sleep. 

-MG

Author notice :

Uhhh... I do feel bad for Aaron now. 😂🤣 But sorry not sorry. 🤭😂 It is fun okay ! Anyways Aaron seems to have a plan so let's see how it goes. 👀

Aaron : ( deep breath to calm down ) So what was it ?

Author : Because I didn't want you to die single.

Aaron : ( glaring hard wanting to unalive someone ) Thanks for the concern.

Author : ( very bad attempt at smiling ) No mention ?

Aaron : ( smiles sweetly )

Author : ( blinks and turns to BR to whisper ) He doesn't have access to any weapons, does he ?

BR : ( stops functioning ) You never said anything about it. 

Author : ( cold sweat ) 

Aaron : ( still smiling )

Author : ( brain working at full speed ) Wait and see and if you are not happy we will talk then. ( disappears pt 2 )