Chapter 6 : Battle has ended.

Third person point of view

Aaron watched the car drive away and let out a breath. He turned around and went in with determination. He was ready for whatever is going to come at him. He saw the three of them waiting for him. He sat down on the chair and his grandfather narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Aaron spoke up immediately. 

" I don't care if you believe me or not. It is what it is. If you try to look into it by some or the others means, then it is invasion of privacy of my personal life and I can sue you for it ". Aaron said in one breath and his grandfather sat back not looking bothered at all. Aaron also looked just as confident. 

He was reaping off of Cecil back then just because he felt like it was the easier way to handle this situation. Now since he was alone, he has to deal with it. He did escape till now so this time was no exception. And he knew what works and where he can take his chances. " Fine. I will believe what you said ". Grandfather said. 

Aaron gave a nod. He did feel a little guilty for deceiving them like this, but he was also not willing to let go all of these just because he didn't want to get married right away. They were already well established in the business world, but there was a lot of his contribution in taking it up a notch. He wasn't going to let it all go just for marriage.

" Is he a nice guy ? " His mother asked concerned about Aaron. Aaron chuckled. " He is. He is very independent and has good character. Even knowing I can help him, he never asked for anything. When I voluntarily offer my help, he still never takes it. He does it himself no matter what it is. He even doesn't use his father's reputation or connections. He is hard working when it comes to his brand and doesn't slack off at all. He is a very nice guy ".

Aaron was internally celebrating for saying it all without it looking like it was made up right then and there. He didn't prepare for it but he was happy it worked out fine. The three of them nodded. " Where do you want to meet them ? " Aaron asked. Grandfather looked at the couple. His parents exchanged a look. 

" We can invite them here right ? " His father suggested. " Fine. I will inform them ". He looked at all of them and they seemed to believe him and the situation also settled down. " Anything else ? " Aaron asked and they didn't seem to have anything to say. " I will get going then ". He got up and left to go to work. 

Cecil went back home. He composed his expression. He went in and his family was waiting for him. He sat down and noticed their eager gazes. He let out a chuckle. " Everything went fine. Don't worry. But we can't bring up the topic of that marriage because it wouldn't be that nice ". They all nodded.

" But what are you both ? " His father asked and Cecil answered without wavering. " We've kind of known each other for a while but we didn't really go forward in the relationship. But that day, I realized I really liked him more than I thought. He also said he doesn't mind getting married and his family is also very much happy about it. So we decided to do it ".

He recited the same nonsense to his parents too. They all looked at each other not knowing what to say. Cecil remained unfazed. He was a teeny weeny bit doubtful about it but in his heart, he was sure they would trust him on this. He had to take his gamble. " Got it ". His dad and even the others seemed to buy it.

His heart eased and he relaxed. He was internally dancing and jumping around. There are a few advantages to being thick skinned. " And what about the families meeting ? " " It is on Sunday. He will inform you the location ". His father nodded. " Done ? " Cecil asked and they all had nothing to say. They all got up to be on their ways. Cecil went to Lara. 

" Lara ". She turned to him. " I will give the ring to you. You can do whatever you want with it ". Lara was a jewelry designer. She was the one who made the wedding rings. She nodded. " I don't mind, but you don't want to make anything out of it ? It wouldn't be the best, but I have a few things I can do and... it is worth it you know ". 

Cecil thought about it but he didn't really have anything in mind. " Keep it with you for now. When you want to make something out of it, give it to me. I will make it for you ". Lara said after noticing his hesitance and Cecil nodded. She smiled. " What are you guys talking about ? " Ethan asked coming up from behind.

" Not your business ". Cecil said and both of them laughed. Ethan tried to hit his head but Cecil dodged. He laughed running away. Lara shook her head with a smile. Cecil went to his room and plopped on the couch with a grunt. He let out a sigh. He just stayed like that for a few minutes while spacing out.

He thought about all the things that just happened in the past few hours and realized how real the whole situation was. But there was no going back now. They were already on the battle field. " Is this you reap what you sow ? " He let out a dry chuckle. He quickly changed back into pajamas and got to work. 

-MG

Author notice :

The dust has settled. 😂 Both of them succeeded from their own sides too, so it is done to a certain extent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I also wanted to clarify this. When Aaron said that line about marriage, he meant about how his grandfather is acting like this and getting him married right away. Not any other thing. So hope you guys understood that.

Author : You do act well.

Aaron : ( shrugs ) I don't think I am bad.

Author : Congratulations once again. You are finally getting married. ☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Aaron : No comments.

BR : Eh ? ( confused )

Am I the only one thinks this was funny ? 😂 It is a bit weird though. I agree with that.