Chapter 17

9/20/2018
Astrid's P.o.v

The last few days since Elijah's Birthday have been good, Taylor thanked me for helping her arrange everything for Elijah's Birthday. Me and Elijah have been recording more demos in Taylor's home studio, as well as polishing up some older demos. Taylor has also performed two more concerts in the last five days. Harry played some Mario Kart with me and Elijah, Taylor later joined us after we completed two Grand Prix.

I chose Toad, while Elijah chose Yoshi, Taylor chose Link and Harry chose Bowser.

The first course of the Grand Prix was Sunshine Airport. The countdown began, then the race began. Toad was leading the race, followed by Mario and Yoshi. Behind Yoshi was Luigi, then Link, and behind Link was Bowser. Toad and Mario were right beside each other as they started the second lap. Right behind Mario was Yoshi, who launched a red shell at Mario. Yoshi passed Mario and was hot on Toad's heels. Link and Bowser where almost right behind Yoshi, both trying to pass each other, then eventually Yoshi. The rest of the race was Yoshi and Toad fighting over first place with Link and Bowser fighting for the place right behind Yoshi and Toad.

The rankings after the first race were:

1st: Toad (Astrid)
2nd: Yoshi (Elijah)
3rd: Link (Taylor)
4th: Bowser (Harry)
5th: Mario
6th: Peach
7th: Donkey Kong
8th: Luigi
9th: Shy Guy
10th: Baby Mario
11th: Baby Peach
12th: Baby Luigi

The next course was Electrodrome. The countdown started then the race began. "This is what it's like at your concerts Taylor." I joked, "You're not wrong, it's a little bit different but not much." Taylor replied. Link was in the lead with Toad and Bowser on her trail, and Yoshi wasn't much further behind Toad and Bowser. Toad threw a banana behind him and it hit Bowser, causing him to spin out. On lap two Yoshi caught up with Toad and Link, Yoshi threw a red shell that hit Toad, before driving right behind Link. By the third lap Bowser had began to catch up to Toad, Yoshi, and Link. Link still was in first place while Toad and Yoshi fought over second place. Mario threw a red shell at Bowser and passed him, putting him in fourth place.

The rankings after the second race were:

1st: Toad (36 Points)
2nd: Link (34 Points)
3rd: Yoshi (30 Points)
4th: Mario (24 Points)
5th: Bowser (22 Points)
6th: Donkey Kong (19 Points)
7th: Peach (15 Points)
8th: Shy Guy (13 Points)
9th: Luigi (11 Points)
10th: Baby Mario (10 Points)
11th: Baby Peach (9 Points)
12th: Baby Luigi ( 7 Points)

The third course was Dolphin Shoals. The racers waited in their respective spots for the countdown. The countdown began, and shortly after so did the race. Bowser and Yoshi were leading the race with Link, Toad, and Mario hot on their heels. The racers jumped through the rings before they started drifting underwater. Yoshi passed Bowser and tricked off the pipes to make more space to separate himself and Bowser. Link and Toad were only a few seconds behind them. They drifted through the course before gliding over to where the starting line was. In lap two, Link had passed Bowser and had a green shell ready to throw, hoping to hit Yoshi, Link threw the shell, but it narrowly missed Yoshi. Toad had caught up with them, and was neck and neck with Bowser. Toad passed Bowser, who shortly after got hit with a green shell. By the final lap, Toad was right behind Link and was trying to pass Link but was struggling to. The racers all zoomed through the finish line.

The rankings were:

1st: Toad
2nd: Yoshi
3rd: Link
4th: Mario
5th: Bowser
6th: Donkey Kong
7th: Peach
8th: Luigi
9th: Shy Guy
10th: Baby Mario
11th: Baby Peach
12th: Baby Luigi

The final course was Mount Wario. All the racers were at the starting line. After the countdown many tricked off the ramp and onto the icy course below. Link and Toad were in the lead, Peach, Bowser and Yoshi not far behind. Luigi used a bullet bill to go from 8th to 4th place, passing Mario, Shy Guy, Donkey Kong, and Peach. In the 2nd segment, Link and Toad tried passing each other, while gaining distance from the rest of the racers. At the end of the race, Link was in 1st place, Toad in 2nd, and Bowser in 3rd place.

The final rankings were

1st: Toad
2nd: Link
3rd: Yoshi
4th: Bowser
5th: Mario
6th: Donkey Kong
7th: Peach
8th: Luigi
9th: Baby Peach
10th: Baby Mario
11th: Shy Guy
12th: Baby Luigi

We turned off the Switch and had Chicken Fingers and Fries for dinner. Me and Elijah went to Taylor's home studio and began recording a duet between us both. Mid-way through recording, Taylor entered the studio and helped us with the track. We all worked for an hour and finished the song. After finishing the song, we all went to the living room and watched Friends until it was time for me and Elijah to go to bed. We said goodnight to Taylor and Harry before entering the bedroom, and going to bed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17 is finished, hope you enjoyed it.

Number of words: 880