Another Demon?! Pt.2

**RENGOKU'S POV - BACK TO PRESENT**

"And that's what happened." Giyuu finished his story. "Since then, she hasn't devoured a demon since."
"So..." I spoke up, "the one you met in your travels... wasn't-"
"No. I'm afraid not."

It broke my heart as such as I knew this demon in question wasn't YN at all.

"I'm sorry... I hoped you find some kind of clue about them."
"Well, actually-"

Before he could finish, I noticed a few hashiras nearby were entering in the garden.

"We'll talk later, Giyuu."
"Ok."

As the Hashiras began to enter waiting for the Master to arrive, one of the Kakushi members carried the victim in question, placing him gently towards the ground. Looking at the boy in question, I noticed something completely strange about his presence. Somehow, he was similar to someone I knew, but wasn't sure where. As he finally woke up, thanks to the Kakushi member, we began to examine his actions.

"Now then," Shinobu asked, "Tanjiro Kamado, why are you travelling with a demon?"
"That demon is my little sister!" he answered, "she and my family were attacked by a demon when I was out of the house, and she was the only one who survived!"
"Spare us these ramblings," scoffed Obanai, "It's no wonder you're defending her if that's family to you."
"No, it's true! She's never harmed anyone within the past two years! And I only became a slayer in hopes of finding a cure! Please believe me!!"

As the Hashiras continued to spout disbelief on Tanjiro's story, I thought about it carefully for a moment. He's standing up to his sister, despite being a demon herself. Similar how he defended his love, despite its differences. However, he was unsure if this demon is similar or different.

"Excuse me," Mitsuri spoke up quietly, "something about this concerns me. I find it hard to believe that the Master would have been aware of this situation. Maybe we shouldn't act without his permission and wait for him to arrive."

Both I and the other Hashiras agreed, however, as I noticed Sanemi's presence, I knew something was going to go wrong. He entered the garden with a wooden box in hand and his sword in the other.

"You know what we call demons who can fight like a slayer?" Sanemi asked Tanjiro, "Completely Impossible, You Idiot!!"

As he delivered that comeback, he stabbed the box straight down the middle, making Tanjiro shock in anger. He rose up as quick as he could with the ropes still tied up behind his back and stood his ground.

"ANYONE WHO HARMS MY SISTER ANSWERS TO ME!!" he shouted to Sanemi, "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE HASHIRA!!"

Sanemi chuckled evilly as he removed the bloody sword from the box for all to see. I knew he went way too far for this demon, but then again, it reminded me of how I was when I was protecting YN at one point. This boy...

Just when I thought about that moment, I noticed the boy running towards Sanemi jumping and aiming his head towards Sanemi's, making them fall in the progress. All remained quiet, until I heard a small chuckle nearby. I turned to notice Mitsuri holding her laugh in silence.

"Pardon me..." she excused, trying to cover her face.

With a smile on my face, I looked back at the scene, as I noticed Tanjiro standing in front of the box.

"If you can't determine the difference between good or bad demons, then you shouldn't be a Hashira at all!!"

Sanemi was about to say another comeback on that matter, but the Master had just arrived and was preparing the meeting as such. The meeting with the boy and the demon was to let us know she's been sanctioned as a slayer, which made most of us distraught. I declined that matter since I knew that if we accept this one as one of us, wouldn't that make us hypocritical? Besides, we already had one demon sanctioned, why do we need another. A few agreed with the Master's wishes, but not all of us. That was when he mentioned something later on:

"Tanjiro has met Kibutsuji face to face."

In shock, we wanted to know where and why. No slayer, not even Hashira has ever come across him alive without getting slain. However, as he continued to explain, the demon in question was turned because of Muzan and must be protected at all costs. Hence why, we have sanctioned her into the slayer corps. Plus, we received witnesses during that timeframe that has seen her not devoured another human, which could imply that she should be safe to fight with. But not all of us see to it as such.

"How can you ask us to house a demon after all we've been through?!" Sanemi grumbled in anger. "Do you understand what you are asking us?!"

With such determination where he wants to prove him wrong, Sanemi sliced his sword for a moment and placed his arm on top of the box.

"It won't do any good if you let the demon out in daylight," Obanai replied to Sanemi, "it'll only linger in the shadows."
"Forgive me Master for the discourtesy I'm about to commit."

As he jumped towards his home, Sanemi tossed the box far from across the room, making sure that the demon in question comes out of that box. Looking at what she looks like for the first time, I felt a similar presence around her. I wasn't sure what, but she felt familiar somehow. Just then, that same familiar presence lingered in my ears.

"Rengoku..." the voice echoed.

As if by magic, I saw the resemblance of YN through this demon, which made my eyes widen in such surprise. It was impossible. How can this demon be similar to them? My love. Unable to take this sabotage any longer, I tried to get up to remove Obanai off of Tanjiro, but Giyuu had beaten me to it. He gripped his arm tightly as Tanjiro ran to comfort his little sister.

"Thank you..." I thanked internally.

Looking at the response of the attack, Nezuko turned her head away, making no contact towards Sanemi's blood. In relief, that response was accepted to Tanjiro and made Sanemi shocked, which I was glad he got what he deserved. 

"And there you have it," the Master spoke, "Undeniable proof that Nezuko won't ever harm a human. Tanjiro, there will be others that may not approve on her working alongside her as a demon, but just know, we will be there every step of the way. Help change their minds with you two working as Demon Slayer members."

Surprised by his response, he bowed his head and thanked him. Afterwards, as the Master's meeting concluded towards him, Shinobu escorted him with her minions away to the Butterfly Mansion.

"Now then, let us begin our Hashira Meeting-"
"Hold it!!" a voice interrupted him.

We all looked only to see Tanjiro returning back in rage.
What happened after a few moments?

"Please allow me to headbutt that man with scars!" he demanded.

That's what he came back for?

"Each headbutt that he harmed my sister! Show me where in the corps it doesn't allow me to do that!!"

Suddenly, a few stones silenced him entirely. Looking at the side of me, it was Muichiro who threw the stones from his hand.

"You musn't interrupt the Master when he speaks. Just go."

After a couple of apologies, Tanjiro left again, but this time, by carrying him on their shoulder.

"And Tanjiro," the Master spoke, "give Tamayo my regards."

That struck not only to Tanjiro, but to myself.
How did the Master know about Miss Tamayo?
Does that mean... YN's been here?!