10

Hannibal didn't know what made him do it. It was as if his legs had carried him off to the place.

He lied to himself saying that the property had to be sold if it wasn't inhabited. It would rouse suspicion if the well furnished house made ready for an immigrant family was abandoned.

But he knew it was a lie.
He needed to feel a sense of control. He had lost all his dreams so he hoped to get closure from the big dusty house which was made for a family of three. And maybe dogs running around.

Hannibal sighed softly as he reached the big wooden door. He had the keys.
But he didn't know if he was ready to face the broken dream house.

Hesitation filled him as he opened the door.

The house was not supposed to have a layer of dust on it.

It was supposed to have carpets and Wills messy shoe prints.

It was supposed to be filled with laughter and joy ..........and love.

But now the house loomed over hannibal as he consumed every detail of it.

He slowly walked to the main room where there was supposed to be a big fireplace.  Where hannibal and his beloved were to wine and dine with their little daughter.

A grand piano where Hannibal was to teach Abigail all the melodies he could offer.

A big backyard where Will was supposed to play with their dog.

A master class kitchen where Hannibal was supposed to make lavish meals for them.

A large cellar where he was supposed to spoil himself with wine and other delicacy.

But now all remained empty. Covered with dust and broken hope.

As he walked on the empty hallway he noticed the other furniture in the corner. Probably kept by the movers before they locked the place down.

As he moved past it hannibal suddenly noticed a red material beneath the wooden furniture.

He moved closer to it as the red material slowly came to view he realized there laid a red suitcase. Hannibal touched the suitcase clearly it wasn't his.

But whose did it belong to ?

Abigail? But all the suitcase he had bought her were blue and in the room above him.

Carefully hanniabl brought it out and saw a postal tag on it.

Shipping date 14th August. Few days before the massacre.

'We can run away together.'

Hannibals eyes widened as his shaking hands reached out to open the suitcase.

'This is the address to our new home Willium. Postal the material you need beofre hand .' 

The chain opened up as hannibal peaked inside a drop of chills went throughout his whole body.

'You were supposed to leave '  
Wills voice rang out . It was not sacred .....it was a confused voice .

On top of the old clothes still lingering with the smell of the after shave were the forged documents.

Mr Watson.

His Wills photograph looked at him beside the name.

'We couldn't leave without you '
The knife plunged on his Abdomen.  Will shivered and moaned. His eyes not filled with regreat or fright .......but of betrayal .

'Nonononononono........'  his cries echoed as the red blood poured out of abigails throat.

'Forgiveness requires two parties. Betrayer and the betrayed........which one are you."  Bedelias voice rang out as Hannibal heard a gag echoing from his lungs as he felt his stomach churn.

He barely made it far enough to a door before he collapsed. The content of his stomach splurged out of his mouth. The bile was horrible but it could never compare to the cold realization he had.

He was the one who betrayed him.

He was the one who killed their family.

Will Graham was innocent.