Quidditch Brawl

Sunday 3rd November 1991

Me, Neville, Dean and Seamus are all sat together, spectating the Quidditch match, as well as Ron and Hermione, who are sat beside us four.

Behind us, is none other than Draco Malfoy. Usually I wouldn't have a problem with him, but only a few days ago, he set a leg locker charm on Neville. I feel bad for Nev, he constantly is given a hard time by Slytherins.

"You feeling alright Nev?" I ask the anxious boy to my left.

"Mhm." He replies. Clearly, he's still upset about the other day, and Malfoy wasn't making it any easier for him today, as he seemed to be in a particularly fowl mood.

"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?" he says loudly.
"It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money - you should be on the team,
Longbottom, you've got no brains."

Neville turns bright red but turns around in his seat to face the boy.

"I'm worth twelve of you Malfoy." He stutters. I smile at his courage to stand up to the evil Slytherin. He was making my blood boil as well.

"You tell him Neville." Ron says, not taking his eyes off of the game.

"Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something." He remarks. I could tell this rattled Ron a bit. It did me too.

'I'm warning you, Malfoy - one more word -'

'Ron!' says Hermione suddenly. 'Harry -!'

"What? Where?" Harry has suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which draws
gasps and cheers from the crowd. Harry streaked towards the ground like a bullet.

"You're in luck, Weasley, Potter's obviously spotted some money on the ground!" says Malfoy. This tipped both me and Ron off the edge.

We both lunge at Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. Ron throws punches at malfoys gut and I attempt to strangle goyle, despite him being twice my height and size. What they both lack in brains, they certainly make up for in mass.

Neville hesitates, but then joins us in attempting to give the three a good thrashing.

Despite his weak demeanour, Neville is actually rather strong, and gives Crabbe a black eye and a large gash on his forehead.

I however, am not fortunate enough to be as strong as him, and am struggling against Goyle. He certainly manages to rough me up, I unfortunately gain a large cut on my lip and one near my eye.

Ron certainly got Malfoy good, he has a large bruise on the side of his face and multiple cuts.

"What do you think your doing?!" Says a distressed voice from behind us.

Professor McGonagall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~|||~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can't believe you! Especially you two!" She says to me and Neville.

She has brought us all into her office, along with Snape.

"You two are model students! What in your right mind possessed you to act like this?" She yells.

"As for you four, you all need to straighten out your attitude, or you'll be expelled quicker than you can blink."

Ron, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle had previously gotten in trouble a number of times. Where as me and Neville had never gotten into trouble before.

"They we're making fun of Neville and Ron." I say.

"That doesn't give reason to start a fight." She replies.
"You will all serve detention in my office tonight." We all groan and roll our eyes.

This entire time, Snape hasn't said a word. This means he's probably going to snap my head off.

"You are all dismissed." She says finally. I attempt to scramble out of the door.

"Lilith." He says flatly. I turn gingerly and face him.
"Come here."

I walk anxiously over to him, and wait for the others leave. I brace myself for the series of punishments that are about to be brought upon me.

"I see you got him good." He says. My face changes from expectancy to shock. He wasn't mad.

"I didn't want to fight him. He's such a dick though, and he was making fun of my friends." I say.

"Language." He replies. I roll my eyes in response.

"I'll let you off this time. But if your caught with a detention again, I promise you that the consequences will be severe. Got that?" He says. I nod in reply.

"Very well then. Leave." I head towards the library.
--------------