Christmas Break

Christmas break was one of the dullest things ever, mostly because Edith wasn't here. Not that I don't enjoy Harry, Ron, Dean and Neville's company, it's just that she's my closest friend, we're like soulmates.

On the day before Christmas Eve, I received a letter from her.

Hey Lilith!

Christmas break has been an absolute nightmare without you. Mother won't stop nagging me about living up to my family name, and she seems to think that my Gryffindoor friends are a 'bad influence'. I can't wait for Christmas to be over so I can see you, I'll send a letter on Christmas Day!
Love you,

Edith x

Just getting a letter from her was enough to brighten my day. I found a piece of parchment as quick as I could, and wrote my reply.

Hi!

It's been boring here as well. I do love the boys but sometimes they are just... frustrating. Harry and Ron won't stop complaining about the other cheating in wizards chess and Dean won't stop talking about Christmas. Neville's been a complete sweetheart as usual, but still doesn't talk much. The grounds here do look magical though! They're decorated with lights and trees.
I can't wait to see you again,

Lilith x

I swiftly sealed my letter with some light blue wax, and dashed up to the owlery to post my letter.

I also decided that I was going to get the each of the boys who were staying for Christmas, a present.
For Ron, I got him a couple of pin badges with his favourite quidditch team on it, The Chudley Cannons.
For Dean, I got him a small figure of the Nimbus 2000, I wish I could've gotten him the real thing.

For Harry I got him a selection of sweets and chocolate, I don't know him well enough to get him something personal so I decided that food would be a good bet.

And last, for Neville, I got a small succulent that I put in a simple pot. I knew he would appreciate the gift as he was a big fan of plants.

I wrapped each present in a light blue wrapping paper and accessorised it with a dark blue bow, along with putting their names on the package.

I also got Edith a gift. I beautiful gold ring that had a red gem on it. As soon as I saw it I thought of her. Luckily, it wasn't too expensive. I wrapped her gift in gold wrapping paper and a red bow, to match. I also wrote her a Christmas card.

Christmas at Hogwarts was going to be great. I hoped.
--------------