Slivered

May's Point Of View

-x-

Cold. I felt cold. It was as if I were just laying in the middle of a blizzard, waiting to freeze to death. My vision was black, dark, shadowed─ blocked by something cold. In fact, it felt almost like a liquid, wrapped together in a tiny barrier of its own. Confusion, terror, agony─ those three emotions were what made up my body at this moment. I dared make a move, fingers wiggling as to see if I could feel them. Indeed, the numbness had vanished. I suppressed a sigh of relief, hand making its way up to meet with the unknown object that blocked my vision. I gently picked it up by the tip, slowly dragging it down and letting it stay upon my chest.

Carefully, delicately; my eyes flung open. My vision was blurry, the very lids of my eyes wet from the coldness. I could feel my hair no longer in the pigtails that I usually put them in, bringing them to the front and fixing the top. As suspected, the area was dark from what I could make out. Once my gaze had cleared up, I found myself staring up at a ceiling, the ceiling of a house that wasn't at all mine. A spark of realization hit me right in the eye and I sprang up from where I was sprawled on a bed. The covers had been put on right beneath my chest, the warmth quickly decreasing as I let my legs dangle off the bedside.

What is this place, I wondered, this isn't where I live.

A tingling feeling known as curiosity told me to rise off and explore the place, and it's exactly what I did. The room I was currently in had red walls, stapled posters of all kinds filling in the missing places. The bed covers were blue, a desk in the corner, and a TV right in front of the bed. It looked as if this room could be owned by a male. I wrinkled my nose in disgust before making my way out the doorway and into a hallway. Another bedroom was located just in front of the previous one, though I didn't dare look, for it was an invasion of a home that wasn't mine. It'd be impolite to look through the house!

A bathroom was just near, almost where the hallway would end. As soon as it did, I was met with the kitchen and the living room. It was much more beautiful than anything that I would own in my own dwelling. The rooms were a light-grey color, couches white with black pillows. The additions of a rug and frames were white and black. Overall, everything just seemed to fit nicely with each object. Then something, no─ someone, caught my eye.

Brendan Birch.

His body rose and fell as he breathed softly, small snorts exiting through his nostrils as he slept. His mouth parted slightly, allowing the oxygen to enter through his mouth; yet make no sound. I carefully glanced at his soft skin, lips smooth and─ kissable? Perhaps. I felt my cheeks burn at the thought, eyes shutting and lips pressing together in attempt to forget the dirty thought. His eyes blinked a few times, his fingers and hands twitching. He laid on a pillow, the same white hat still settled on his head messily. From what I could remember, he still wore the same thing as toward yesterday. I stood there quietly, eyes examining closely at the sleeping frame. It wasn't soon until I suddenly kneeled down toward his height, elbows settling onto the free space on the couch, letting my chin lay upon my palm.

Was it creepy for me to be watching him sleep? Brendan looked adorable, for his face was peaceful, almost like a child's. My hand rose to mess with a strand of hair that covered his eyes, shifting it over and behind his ear. My lips formed upward into a smile.