10

I ate some chicken for tea, and did so as fast as I could. I had some evening training to get ready for.

"Quick, show me where I can get new clothes." I cried, walking to Lexi. "Woah, what's the hurry?" She laughed. I rolled my eyes. "I've worn this stupid outfit since I've been here. I need some more things to wear, and train in."

She grabbed my hand, and took me down the corridors. I admired how she effortlessly could navigate her way around the massive complex, but I suppose she'd be lost at amity.

My eyes widened as she led me round a wall and I saw the massive clothes department. The whole room was filled with shelves, and sections for the different articles of clothing.

"There's a limit of how much you can get, you'll have to give your name and amount of items to that lady over there before you leave." Lexi pointed to a tall women, with straight purple hair behind a counter. "It makes it fair, we all get the same amount of clothes like this."

She walked away, going to have her dinner, leaving me to this heaven. I hurried to the pants section, I needed things that were comfortable to train in - but I wanted to look and feel nice in them.

A pair of black trousers immediately caught my eye, and I quickly snatched them from the shelf. Thankfully they were in my size. They were tight fitting and frayed at the bottom. I grabbed two more pairs of trousers, one was similar to the pair I already had in my hand, the others were cargos.

I walked over to the other side of the room, and grabbed some tops. One was low cut and had long black sleeves, one was short sleeved and baggy, and one was a small vest top. I quickly grabbed some laced underwear and checked them out with the purple haired lady.

I retraced my previous steps, and found the transfer dormitory again. I carefully placed my new belongings in the metal shelves beside my bed and I walked across the dorm to the showers, taking advantage of the empty room. There was usually a queue to shower before lights out, so using them during meal time seemed smart.

It felt so refreshing to wash off the exhaustion and dirt of the day. I scraped every inch of my body, and scrubbed myself clean. My skin had never looked, or smelt, better.

I dried my body and wrapped the towel around myself, and went to get some clothes from my shelf. I chose my new cargo trousers, and the long sleeved top. I went back into the cubicle, and got changed.

The top was lower cut than anything I'd worn before, but it looked perfect on my figure; hugging my chest in all the right places. Other initiates began returning to the dorm as I was rubbing my hair dry.

We were expected to be back in the dorm by 9pm. It was early, but ensured we had enough rest to persue the training without exhaustion, and gave us some down time before we slept.

I looked at the clock, 8:50. In ten minutes everyone would be in their beds, chatting amongst themselves. How would I get out without being seen?I didn't want anyone to know I was leaving, and I especially didn't want them to question me. I decided I'd slip out before the down time. It's not like I was close with any of them, they wouldn't even notice I was missing.

I carefully slipped out, and closed the door behind me. A wave of nerves overcame me as I walked towards the training room.

I pushed open the door, and saw him sat in there waiting. He looked up as I walked in, his mouth almost turning into a smile. "Lucy, you made it." He said, my heart slowing as he said my name. It almost sounded different, more special, when he said it. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

He walked towards the punching bags and gestures towards one, "punch" he ordered. I did so immediately, and noticed him watching me carefully. "You can get more power into your throws if you stand different." He frowned, concentrating, and moved towards me.

He ran his fingertips down my spine as he felt my posture, and guided my hips to the side. My stomach did backflips, as I turned to him. His eyes were soft, they didn't display that same piercing look as usual.

"Try again." I threw another punch, and watched him unclench his jaw. "Much better" he sighed, "if you remember that stance, you'll do a lot more damage to your opponents."

I thanked him, and threw more punches. I could feel the power, and it hurt less. I could feel them getting better, as my muscles started getting used to the movement.

"Fight me." Eric said, out of nowhere. His sharp voice cutting through the air. I looked at him, bewildered. "What?"

"You'll be fighting the other initiates tomorrow, I want you to have a head start." I looked at him, his face stern. "So fight me."

Eric wasn't the sort of person who would take no for an answer. Besides, it was all to help me improve. I needed to finish at the top end of the board.

"Okay".