11

I stood opposite him, recreating the same stance he had just shown me.

"We will go slowly, just work on using the techniques Four taught you earlier." He said, cracking his knuckles.

He stepped forwards, "are you ready?" I nodded. I wasn't really ready to fight my trainer, but I wasn't going to turn around and say no. I mean, he'd taken time out of his ever mind to help me.

Out of nowhere, his fist came flying at me, knocking me back and stopping my thoughts. I needed to focus.

I concentrated, blocking his next hooked punch. I stepped forwards, my fist colliding with his arm as he blocked me. His other fist then quickly impacted with my neck. I stumbled, pausing for an instance to try catch my breath, my hand clutching my neck.

He stepped closer, about to throw another punch. I immediately slammed my foot into his stomach, using all my force, and he went backwards. I followed him, and punched his stomach.

He grabbed my arm, stopping my next throw and kicked my legs, making me fall onto my back. I looked upwards and watched as he crouched down next to me.

I silently laid there, looking up at him, catching my breath. He didn't look as out of breath as me, and his expression was softer than it was during training.

"For your first fight, you did well. You could block some of my punches, and that kick had power. But, we still have work to do." Eric stated, looking over at me. I blushed, "thanks." And I knew he noticed the colour change in my cheeks.

"Do I make you nervous initiate?" My stomach did a back flip. I laughed, "what?" My voice came our softer than I imagined.

He grabbed my arm, and stood up, pulling me up with him. "I asked if I make you nervous?" His eyes soft, and scanning my face. I felt my cheeks flush even more, and knew he noticed that too. "What - no - don't flatter yourself." I teased, turning away from.

He put his hand on my waist and gently turned me back. He tucked my hair behind my ear, and I could feel his breath against me. I looked at the small piercing above his eyebrow, and his cold blue eyes. They reminded me of clear water. I scanned his neck, and admired the intricate tattoos on it.

My heart slowed as he moved towards me and carefully pulled me forwards. He quickly pressed his lips against mine. I pulled back. "Is this allowed?" I whispered, my face next to his. I could feel his breath against me neck. "No, but I don't care." He replied, pushing me against the wall.

He put his fingers under my chin, and tilted my head up. Our lips connected again, and my body froze for a second.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, and pulled him closer. Goosebumps tingled where our bodies touched and his hands ran down my back.

In that moment, nothing else mattered. All that mattered was me and him. I didn't care about the training, or worry about who I had to fight. I'd wanted this moment since I first saw him, and nothing could ruin it.

A delicate moan left my lips, and I slid my hands into his hair. He gently pulled away, and I couldn't open my eyes, reliving the moment.

"I've wanted to do that since I first saw you on the roof" he smiled, his face still next to mine. I could feel his soft breaths against my skin. "I've been waiting for you to do that since I first saw you."

We sat down, against the wall, and I rested my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me, and I felt safe. I can't believe this is the same man that scared the other initiates. Here he was gentle, and seemed to really care about me.

"I better go to bed" I whispered eventually, looking up at him. "I have some fights to win in the morning."

He took my hand and placed it in his. "Don't be nervous about tomorrow, after that kick and those blocks, you have nothing to worry about."

He squeezed my hand and let go, I nodded and walked to the door. I turned around and smiled at him, before entering the corridor. I'd never felt better.