A really sad cake

Hello there you Salvis-obseesed goblins! I took a mental health break, sorry it took a while and i hope you will enjoy this. I am thinking of a new name for this fanfic since i came up with the curent one at 3 am (pls everyone, leave ideas, I'm especially looking at u, Jem). Also maybe changing the cover. YIKEWS!

Travis-

We get home from school just after we are supposed to start, it feels wierd. Sal said that we could just have a chill day like eat snacks, watch movies or just talk, maybe even just sleep. We take off our jackets and gloves and go inside towards his room. "You go sit on my bed, I'll go get something" Sal says with that calm, soft voice. I sit on his bed wich is suprizingly soft and feels like water.

Sal comes in with Gizmo in his arms. "What are you doing?" I ask, what would we need Gizmo for? "Here," he says while handing Gizmo to me. "Hold him. Trust me, you won't regret it." Before i can protest, Gizmo is already in my lap, purring with vibration. It feels odd yet really relaxing, his fur against my legs and my hands petting his fluffy back. I just sit there for like 3 minutes, petting him. "You know," Sal begins. "Gizmo is actually my therapy cat" "He is?" I'd never thought that Gizmo, the cat that sits on the sofa all day watching TV, was a therapy cat. "Yeah" He continues. "He was given to me four years after my mom died. I was only eight at the time i got him."

His voice gets a little quieter as he speaks of it. I can't keep myself from looking into his blue, yet somehow warm eyes. Though, i can't tell what he's feeling. He notices that I'm looking, though I quickly look away. "So, what do you want to do?" He asks. I have no clue what things you can do here. "What if we... bake something! Like a cake! Cake makes me feel better if i'm feeling down" That sentence makes me want to smile and cry at the same time. I see him bake a lot, especially cake.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been getting to know Sal more and more, he's the sweetest boy ever. But he also has a lot of demons in his past, like his face, his drunk dad, his mom.. He hasn't told me yet but.. I know he's strugglng with depression and past trauma. I figured out a while ago when i saw his pills on the nightstand. He always has this friendly and funny persona, it would be really hard to tell if you didn't know him that well. I say that i think cake is a great idea, his eyes shine as he tells me : "I know the perfect recipie!"

Sal-

After a while, we decide to go bake. My kitchen is full of empty booze bottles from my dad, he went to work almost drunk today. Sometimes I wish that I had a dad who wasn't an alcoholic. I clean it all up and turn to Travis who's looking at every one. "Wow.." he says. "that's a lot of-" "I know," I say, interrupting him. "My dad, he.. you know? Anyways, change of subject. The recipie i spoke of is a Jam sponge cake! It's basicly the only thing i know how to bake." I start to gather the ingredients as Travis gets the jam from the fridge. "So you.. bake often?" he asks. "Pretty much" i say, cracking the eggs into a bowl. "Do you?" "you know, I think i've only baked like a few times before" He lets out a small laugh, it's so soft and genuine. If hot choclate could talk, Travis would sound just like it, warm, sweet and chocolaty. Plus, choclate is one of my favorite snacks.

The batter is done and we shove it into the oven, it takes about 35 minutes for the cake to bake, so we sit down on the couch and wait. He sits behind me and wraps his arms around my body and lays his head on my shoulder. These electric feelings I'm always getting feels like when you dip into cold water, but I'm not freezing, I'm warm. I run my hand through his hair so his dark brown roots are showing. I don't think he's gotten his hair professionally bleached before, since it's always yellow-ish. To be honest I think he does it himself.

"Why does cake-baking take so looong?" He muffles with his face that is digging deeper into my sweater. "Trav, it's been three minutes." "Too long!" He kinda sounds like a toddler waiting in line at playgrounds. "We have 30 minutes" I say. "What do you wanna do?" I can see his face rise from my shoulder as he thinks. "Maybe, we could just take a nap?" "A nap?" I chuckle. "What?" He looks at me. "You said we could sleep!" "That is true, I did say that.. Fine, only if you actually get up when the cake is done." "Pfft, when have I ever not gotten up when I had to?" "Like, all the time" From no where, he just leans to the side taking me down with him. "Wha- What are you doing?!" I say "Taking a nap. You are now too." His arms around me won't let go, and I don't want them to. They are like warm, soft blankets, wrapping me up like a present. I didn't feel tired before, but now, the only thing I want to do is fall asleep in his embrace. Travis is somehow already fast asleep and I can feel myself drifting off, too.

Travis-

I think I even started to dream a bit before I hear the beeping sound of the oven. Was that 30 minutes, it felt like five! Sal gets ready to get up. "Trav, let go! The cake will burn!" He says, giggling. "Nu-uh, can't we just stay a couple more minutes?" "Do you want to eat coal?" "No thanx" He's squiggling trying to get up, though he's not that tall or big, so it's like holding a baby. "You said you would get up!" "UGHH, okay! I'm up, dar'!"  ..What? Did I say that? "Dar'? We doing nicknames?" "I-I mean Sal!" He snorts. "You're really cute, aren't you? Now come on, Romeo, the cake is ready." . I can feel my heart racing in by chest as I hear those words. Cute? Romeo? Me? My legs feel like noodles as I stand up and walk toward the oven. Sal puts on oven mittens with red dots on them and grabs the cake. "Look!" He says. "It's perfect!". Just as I'm about to say something, a door behind us flies up. There standing, is Larry. "Cake's done?" It's so sudden that Sal jumps up and the cake goes flying. It does a couple of backflips before it lands upside down on the ground. "Larry! Gosh you scared me!" Sal shouts. "Oups, sorry, dude! Did I destroy the cake?" "I mean" I say, looking at the dead cake. "You kinda did" "It's still cake, imma eat it" "Larry!" Sal shouts again. "This is supposed to be a 'feel good cake' for Travis! Now it's just, well, a really sad cake"
We pick up the flipped cake and sit down at the table. "Wait" says Sal. "When did you get home? It's still school time." Larry who's just about to take a fist full of cake looks up at him. "Oh, about like, your nap o'clock". "YOU WATCHED US SLEEP?" I say louder than expected. "Geez calm down, I just took a small peek. You both looked so cozy, all cuddled up. Plus, you better watch your tone with me, Travis, You're sleeping with my brother" It feels like my face is burning. "I'M- It's- how did you-" "I know everything" I don't know what to do so I just take a piece of cake and eat it, covering my bright red face. "Also" Larry looks at Sal. "If Travis is Romeo, then who are you?"

JEEZ that is gonna keep Travis up at night. Remember to leave ideas for the new name. See ya, YIKEWS!