Forget, not forgive

Sal-

I wake up to sounds scrambling from the kitchen. As i look at Travis, I notice that our hands are still connected in a pretty tight hold, he's luckily no longer shaking. I carefully get up to check what the noice is.

When I walk into the kitchen, i see dad making breakfast. It feels peaceful until i remember, he's gonna want to talk to me, serious talk. I sit down on a chair in a way that i can see Travis through the open door and dad turns around. "Are you okay after what.. happened last night?" He starts. I Really don't want to cry in front of my dad, so I just hold it back. "I'm fine, just.. worried about Travis. He's been shaking and whimpering in his sleep pretty much all night". It's only now that this wave of unsettlation washes over me, I think I know what he's gonna say next.

"Sal, this is really serious" he continues. "We're going to have to tell his parents-" "We can't". He looks at me with confused and slightly frustrated eyes. "Well, why not?" I know I have to explain everything to him now. "His parents aren't actually.. on a business trip. His dad, he- " i feel my words starting to blur together. "He hits Travis. Frequently. It started getting worse to the point where Travis was scared he was gonna be beat to death.". Dad doesn't say anything, he just stares wide eyed. "One day, his dad got real mad and.. that's when he called me. He said "My dad's gonna kill me!"I went over there right away and helped him escape, but his dad managed to throw something like a dumbell on my *Face*, slitting my lip." "So you lied about falling down the stairs at school, too huh?". My face goes blank as he rambles on. "Do you know how worried i've been about you two tonight? I don't know if you're lying about more stuff! Are you safe? Will this man come for you? I don't even-" His words start fading as my vision goes blurry. Oh god, no, no no. I wasn't supposed to cry in front of him!

"-And that's why you should- A- Are you crying?". Fuck. I thought my prosthetic would cover it. He probably saw my red eyes. "N-no" I spit out. Before he can protest, I can see Travis sitting up fast in the corner of my eye with a loud gasp. I rush towards him. "Travis! How are you feeling? Is something wrong?" His eyes are wide open looking at me. "No i- I had a nightmare"

Travis-

I was suddenly in a pitch dark room. I don't know how or when I got there, it was just so dark and cold. I realized that it's not just empty, there's a figure in the corner. I went to take a better look, was it a dog? As I got closer, I saw that it wasn't a dog, it was my father. He turned around and quickly grabbed my throat, and- "that's when I woke up".

Sal looks at me with eyes that look understanding. "I get it, I get nightmares too, love.". I'm about to say something until I remember what happened yesterday night. I suddenly feel myself tearing up again. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have-" "Hey," he says, grabbing my hands with his. "No apologizing. You have nothing to be sorry for, okay? This is not your fault!" . I'd like to believe that, but no. It is. I stayed here even when i knew it was dangerous. I tried to off myself. "Travis?" He whispers. "Can you please promise to tell me if something like that ever happens again? We could work it out together." I realize now that he's also crying. "Please, i don't want to lose you, i couldn't live on knowing that you're dead..". I can't handle seeing him cry, it breaks my heart. i hug him tightly, by now we're both a crying mess. "I promise."

We sit down at the table and Sal's dad serves us scrambled eggs and bacon, it smells amazing, bacon is my favorite breakfast. I think Sal told him that. My leg is bumping up and down, it does that when I'm stressed or just have an unpleasant feeling. Sal takes my hand again with his and I swear, it's got magic calming powers. Our hands are in a tight hold, secretly under the table. It feels nice.

We thank him for the food and walk to the living room and sit down on the terrifically soft couch. Sal's legs are so short that his feet almost don't hit the ground. His head is leaning on my shoulder. I'm not used to this, well, I'm used to things like this but, not with his dad in the other room. Though, I'm not complaining, It's really nice and quite romantic. "Hey, " he says, nudging my arm softly to get my attention, but that wasn't needed, my attention was already all on him. "Wanna go get ice cream? We could get mint chocolate chip and strawberry?". He knows my favorite ice cream flavors? How? I think i've only talked about ice cream once. "That's a really good idea. Thanks, dar'." 

Sal-

On the way out, dad stops us for a second. "Hey, kiddos, I just.. wanted to say how proud I am of you, you're real strong.". Dad doesn't usually say those kinds of things, he's often too drunk to realize if I'm sneaking in, or he's working. "T-Thank you, Mr Fisher, I appreciate it.". Dad lets out a small laugh. "We've gone over this, Travis. You can call me henry. But seeing that you are dating my son, you can call me dad, if you want. You're family now." I can see small tears forming in Travis's eyes, but i don't think they're sad ones now. "That means.. a lot, thank you.".

As we're walking to the ice cream shop, I get an idea. "What if we take the shortcut through the warehouse? It would give us like 10 minutes extra." Travis chuckles at my request. "Isn't that really illegal?" "Yeah, but so is having mint chocolate chip as your favorite ice cream flavor. And mixing it with the holy strawberry ice cream."

The warehouse is pretty big with like, cars for sale and stuff. When we walk in, we get hit with a strong smell of new tires. Everything is made out of concrete and unpainted wooden planks, like an unfinished basement. "Why don't we take this shortcut more often?" I say. "Well" Travis starts. "Maybe because it's illegal? Though, I actually quite like the smell." That makes me laugh a bit.

Now Travis is pretending to be a car salesman. God, how perfect is he? I find it calming that he's a bit better now. "So, your name is Sal Fisher?" He says jokingly in a deep, rusty voice. "Yes," I continue the game. "I'm looking for a car." "Perfect! I have a great one right.. here!". He has managed to find a red Volvo with a HUGE backseat. "Well, what is the car's specialties?" I ask. "Well the uh.. wheels are meant for rolling, and thee.. doors are meant for opening! Yeah" it's clear that he doesn't know much about cars, it IS funny to watch him try. "I like it" I say. "But I just have one last question. Why is the backseat so big?" I say it as a serious question but feel myself go red after I know what he's gonna say. "Well," Travis says, moving towards me and putting his hands around my waist. "Having a lot of passengers or, make out sessions." "I like the other one better" I smirk, taking my prosthetic off. "Me too".

His lips are cold from the freezing breeze as his and mine are touching. We've gotten much better at kissing since the first time we kissed, especially Travis. We sit down in the backseat and close the door for more warmth, it's freezing in the warehouse. The best part is, our bodies wrapped around each other heats the temperature. His cold hand finds it's way up my sweater while he kisses my neck, I really can't get enough. I shakily breathe out, my breath looking like smoke. "You're a pretty boy, you know that?" Travis whispers against the skin on my neck. "Pretty boy?" I smile. "Well- I mean-" "I like it, it's cute"
Now I'm kissing his neck, I think he even likes it a bit more than I do. I can tell by different ways. The way his body shivers when I put my hand on the side I'm not kissing, the way his breathing becomes rapid and shaking and the way he gets more and more vocal as I continue. "Oh my god~ I love you so much" Travis splutters out. His hand runs through my hair as he pulls me up towards the kiss.

After making out for a while, we decide to carry on with our ice cream quest. It feels so much colder now when we walk out the back doors of the warehouse. I crawl in under his open jacket. "What are you doing?" Travis asks chuckling. "Warming up, dingus. What does it look like?".

Travis-

Here we are, eating ice cream in -10 degrees celcius. "Hey, Travis?" Sal says. "Are you feelin' alright?". "I'm not sure, I don't know what our future looks like anymore". His arms quickly wrap around me as i dig my face into his hair. "It's okay. I'll be with you. If he ever comes near, we'll find a way to be safe. I will make sure that nothing can hurt you. And even if something happens, we will always have eachother, okay? We've got our friends and all other kinds of people." "Thank you, love.. I needed that."

Hello there wattpadders! I will not be posting as often in this fic, but if it gets 1000 reads, I will. In mean while, you can read another gay stories. I reccomend 'The bully and his crush'. See Ya! This doesn't mean i wont continue with this one, i'll continue at 1000 reads, ya know? YIKEWS!