Third wheeling

Karan POV

After the talk with Karthik, a part of me was relived. He is a better man. He is a amazing human being but I still don't understand why god had to send him to my Teju's life.

If he had not entered the picture, probably I would be the one marrying her again. You know what the irony is the wedding is on 28th of April. That day we would complete our 10th marriage anniversary.

We both had always planned that once we complete our 10th anniversary we will marry each other again. I guess god heard that but forgot that we told we will marry each other not someone else.

I looked to see Teju and Karthik were talking to Pihu and Dhruv. All of them had a big smile on their faces. I looked at my kids and a smile made up my face.

It is because of them I am still living. I have arranged everything to move to London. I guess new place will welcome new memories.

I will sell everything in India except my mansion and cars. Kundrra mansion will always be a part of my life and it will be empty without her.

I will give Omi to handle India's branch and I will work from London.  About Teju's company I will transfer everything to her name and hand over the papers to Karthik.

I felt someone placing their hand on my shoulder and I looked to find baba standing there. I passed him a full blown smile

"Come let's go" He said and I looked at him.

"Come on we need to go for shopping" He said pulling me. I went and stood with Teju and kids. After that Karthik took the kids with him because they asked for some chocolate.

"What were you  telling to Karthik?" She asked crossing her arms.

I bent forward and whispered

"To stay away from you" I said and she stood stiff. After a moment she looked at me and glared. She started hitting me and I laughed at her.

"Come on everyone let's go." We heard aai's voice and we assembled there.

"Ok guys first we will go for dress shopping then we can do jewellery shopping? What do you say?" Karthik's mother asked and Dhruv and Tara shook their heads.
Karthik's Dad bent to their height.

"What happened? You didn't like the plan?" He asked

"No" Both of them said together

"Dhruv Pihu" I said sternly

"It's ok Karan, Let them say" Karthik's mom said

"We want to go to play zone" Both of them said together

"That's it. We will go after shopping. Happy" Karthik's Dad asked and both of them nodded their head happily.

"Come on let's go. We will get these cuties new dresses" Karthik's parents said and started moving towards the dress shop with them. Everyone started going towards the clothing shop and I followed them.

We first went to the kids section to pick up clothes for both of them. After a lot of discussion, trialling and arguing, all of them agreed to their dresses.

"Now we need to go for Teju's dresses," Aai said

"Yes let's go,"  Karthik said going forward when  Karthik's dad pulled his ears.

"Where do you think you are going? Go with Karan to men's section and select your clothes. You can't see her" Karthik's father scolded him and he just pouted.

He pulled me towards the men section and we both started deciding on his costume. For a weird reason, Karthik forced me to pick up clothes even though I refused him. Kids were with the elders and I am happy if they are happy.

After all our clothes was brought, we moved towards the jewellery store. I found a perfect spot to sit.

I hate shopping. 

I was looking around when my eyes got stuck to an ornament. It looked so beautiful. I walked towards the piece.

"Excuse me can I have this?" I asked him showing the piece and he handed me the piece.

I slowly ran my finger over the pendant. It was a gold chain with a pendant of the daffodil flower. Pihu loves daffodils.

"Pihu come here," I said signalling to her and she came running towards me

"What papa?" she asked me

"I found something for you," I said and she looked at me with her cute button eyes

"What Papa?" She asked me and I bent to her height. I slowly showed her the chain and she looked at it like she won a lottery.

"Do you like it?" I asked her

"I loved it," She said jumping on me and I laughed at her.

"Can I wear it now?" She asked and I nodded

I made her wear the chain and she smiled at me widely. She kissed my cheeks and ran away to show everyone.

"Pack that for me," I said to the shopkeeper and he nodded. I had to buy something for Dhruv also.

"Can you show me gold Kada please?" I asked the shopkeeper and he nodded.

I always wanted to make Dhriv wear a gold kada like mine but it was never possible, but I guess today was the day. I called Dhruva and after a lot of searching me and Dhruv along with Pihu finalised a handcrafted 24-carat gold Kada for him

After paying at the shop, we all went to the food court

After paying at the shop, we all went to the food court. I was about to go when I got a call from the wedding planner telling me that she wanted them both urgently.

"Guys wedding planner called and he wants you both guys to go to XYZ restaurant for finalising the works." I said

"Karthik and Teju leave beta" baba said. They were going when Karthik's dad stopped them

"You both can't go alone Take Karan with you," He Said and I looked at him in shock.

I tried to give an explanation but they forced me to go. I guess both of them wanted to spend some time together and now I was the third wheel. I had never thought I would be third-wheel for my wife and her future husband.

Please vote and comment,

Sorry for the late update but I have some exams going on so I was busy and upon that I was not well. I will start uploading regularly from next week hopefully

Do you guys want me to end the book or continue?

Your opinion on Karthik and his family's

Preview: let the celebration began