Chapter 1: Let Me In

30 days from now...

"Don't make me do this!" My hand shakes around the hilt of the knife, slick with blood "Do it." Silhouetted by the rising sun he is bound before me like a sacrifice, damaged but still beautiful. I step closer to the alter, the train of my wedding dress dragging like a weight behind me. "I can't!" I said look down at the ground. "You have to. Do it (Y/N)". I met his golden eyes, which glow and pulse with power. I press the blade to his throat..."I'm sorry..."

~

~

~

~

30 days earlier

"I'm sorry!" I say quick and apologetically. "Don't apologize birthday girl, that was a damn good hit." My friend, Jooe, works her jaw where my fist connected harder than intended. "No, I shouldn't have gone all out like that" I say looking at Jooe making sure she is okay. "Where did you get all that strength from?" Jooe says getting her stuff together. "Were your parents Vikings or something?" She questions. "Vikings?...Well they were. How did you know?" I turn to look at her. "Their dying wish was for me to take up the family broadsword and protect the weak." I say before gathering my stuff together. "That's a lot better than the real story: Joining a cult and landing you in foster care." Jooe says impulsively before slinging her bag over her shoulder. I look at her with a hurt face. "I'm sorry for bringing them up on your birthday. I'm an idiot." Jooe apologized. Her words sting a little, but you force a smile. "It's okay, I never knew them. Now, I'm out of the system, allowed to drink...being an adult rocks. I'll catch you later. Have a good night." I said to her with a hug

Jooe waves goodbye, and you finish locking up. You move to grab your coat...but a massive bang halts you in your tracks. The front door flies off its hinges. Against the haze of the rain stands the chiseled outline of a man. "Finally, I found you." a voice like an animal appearing out of the darkness. He slowly, deliberately, moves into the light. "I should have known I'd find you in a place like this." the stranger laughs softly as he touches a punching bag. You stiffen. "(Who is this guy?) I'm sorry, sir, but the dojos closed." you inform the strange man. "I'm not here for a lesson". Lightning strikes, illuminating his lean muscles and sharp, feral eyes. Eyes trained on you. "(Calm down, (Y/N). You know what to do in a situation like this)" I thought to myself. You straighten to your full height as you stare the man down. "Maybe you didn't hear me. The dojo is closed. Please leave." I informed the man. He smirks haughtily, his dark smile both stunning stunning and aggravating..."Or what?" he questioned. "Or I'll make you." I told him with a threatening stare. HIs smile widens. "I'd really like to see you try." the man challenged.

Your mind made up; you lunge for him. His eyes widen a fraction, but he dodges your attack with fluid ease, as if he is dancing with you. He laughs. "Damn. You've got spunk, I'll give you that, (Y/N)." he said thrillingly. "(What? How does he know my name?) Who the hell are you and how do you know who I am?" I asked shockingly. "The name's Bang Chan. And I'd know you anywhere. You're my mate, after all." he told me with a smolder. His strange words hit you harder than lightning cracking overhead. "Your...mate? What is that supposed to mean?" I asked curiously. "It means you're mine." he said with a grin. "Uh...does that line ever work for you?" I asked sarcastically. He let out a bark of laughter, maintaining his cocky composure. "You'd be surprised how many women would love to be called my mate. But that honor lies solely with you, (Y/N). You're my mate and you're coming with me right now. Happy Birthday, by the way." he said. "(Okay forget this!)" thinking to myself as I bolt for the exit. But before you can reach it, two more hulking men stand in my way. "So. This is her?" asked one of the men. " This bitch doesn't look like much, does she, Lee Know?" the second man said elbowing the other. "Remember our orders, Seungmin. You can't hurt her." informed Lee Know. "Me hurt her? If anything, we should be afraid of her--" "She's no threat to you. Just hurry and take her." Bang Chan said cutting off Seungmin with an order.