💛Chapter 9- We are just Friends

That day I was grossed out. A lot has happened. Jace kissed me and Veronica claimed him to be hers, it's just too much to bear! I had a really hard time sleeping but I eventually slept.

........................

"Ugh! Its Monday". I groan about it the whole morning about it, but I have no choice. Education is very important. I check out my clothes and see a French blouse. So I wear it with a barrette and a baggy jean. Oh I love my jeans. I look through my shoes and... my toms. Yes beauty and comfort.

I realise that I need to cover up the topics I did not study for, while i was wasting my time with the 8 friends. So I pack a beach towel, healthy snacks and my books in a big bag to go to campus. I'm ready.

Suddenly the door barges open. Rose. She looks good though, she probably did not drink tonight and smells really clean, like...cinnamon.

"I'm back. I was in Alex's dorm room 'studying' " raising her fingers. I laugh.

"Okay"

"Sorry about yesterday. I had no idea they were coming. I know that since the party you do not want to see them but they are my friends. To me friendship is important, like yours and mine"

"Its okay I understand" I smile, and she looks relieved.

"I'm off, see you in the afternoon I guess" I say and she beams.

At campus I look around in search for a science lab it was very hard to find. Robbin walks in a straight direction not looking anywhere near me.

"Hey, wait!"

"Oh hey... Chloë?"

"Hey, yes Robbin. I'm lost please help me find the biology science lab."

"We are in the same class let's go!"

We walk to a large room with everything science! There were skeletons and muscles and ooh I can't count!

I sit at a desk in the middle row next to Robbin then Jace enters wearing a white t- shirt and a gold chain with... black jeans, obviously!

He comes to me! And the seat next to me is empty. I curse under my breath. He places his books and the desk and sits on the chair. . I look his way and his eyes scan my body up and down.

"Looks like you went to France Kardashian?" I want to kick him in the balls! I did not notice the class was silent.

"Jace, don't make other students uncomfortable, Okay good Sir?" The topic off today is reproduction. How great my least favorite topic. But we were mostly talking about hormones. How great testosterone really kicks in Jace's life.

We go out for recess, I go to the school park. I lay my beach towel a biology book and a religion book on the towel and my snacks and I study while playing music. I am listening to Jacob Sattorious, he was my favourite. As I chew on my baby carrot

"Boo!" I am startled. Its Jace.

"Hey you!"

"Veronica said I should stay away from you."

"And?"

"And that means you stay away from me"

'Dummy' I give my subconscious a high five

"Nah, I'm not staying away from you because Veronica is just possessed by my demonic beauty." He beams. I chuckle.

"And she's obsessed with me so I don't think I'll be staying away anytime soon."

I look at him, his facial details were perfect. His jawline spoke for itself, he was kind of cute, now you can understand why girls are all over him.

"Look, you really helped me with my essay. I fucking appreciate it, so you are going to help me some more with every other subjects we do together"

I don't understand the reason he needed to cuss while saying that sentence but okay? I nod my head in response, reluctantly.

"You listen to Jacob Sattorious, I love him, his music hits the spot!" He says staring at my iPhone

I was a bit taken aback that we have something in common but remembered the incident at Macdonald's.

"But I thought you like hip hop?" I sort of ask

"I don't, I was trying to impress my friends"

And I thought he made his own decisions. It was sort of weird to hear him say those words. I stare at him.

"Peer pressure is a thing" he says emphasizing the 's' in is. There after there was a moment of silence between us.

"Can you, um... be a true friend to me?" He asked as if questioning if I can be a true friend to anyone

"Yes?"

"Oh so you will be my friend?" That's not how I considered the question but I don't want to hurt him

"Yeah, sure " I smile, and we just hang out there new friends I guess?

"Why do you have dark eye bags? Are they genetic or you don't sleep much?" I question staring at hi brown eyes. He looks around, nervously.

"I...uh... I don't sleep good so I have the bags?" He raises his hands.

"Okay let's study then?"

"Now?"

"Yes, that was the plan right?"

"Right" he groans and I giggle.

I take out my biology notes and read them to him. The and there I ask him some questions some he gets wrong but most he gives me the correct answers. This is fun!

Soon we stop and I share my snacks with him and we listen to the music.

"You're a true Kardashian, healthy snacks? Bro!"

"Stop calling me that. Kyto okay Chloë Kyto!"

"Whatever you say "