💛Chapter 11, Valentine's day

Jace' POV

"Hey dad, what's up?"

"Hi, Jason. I'm good. You haven't called me in so many days what has you occupied? Huh?"

This man is fucking embarrassing.

"You know why I don't call I'm busy" I half lie

I'm not busy with college like he thinks I'm busy with something else more important. I'm about to manifest my feelings to someone.

I've dated before and I have all the charming words to say too all woman but I always need new pussy on my face so I'm going to try a other because it's been a while since I had a girlfriend.

And this bitch is so sexy.

"Jace, Jason!"

"Huh?"

"Answer the question" he says through the phone

"What question?"

"Today is Valentine's, what are you up to?"

"Nanya"

"Nanya?" He questions

"Yes. None of your business"

"Okay well, tell me once you get the free week break at college and come back to Miami please?"

"Okay, dad I get it "

"Bye son"

"Bye dad"

My dad and I always chat and I like our conversations. But sometimes I wish he would get his nose off my business

Chloë's POV

"Oh God!" I'm startled by a heavy and tired voice.

Rose

She looks terrible but she does not smell like anything. She is fine.

"I'm tired are you not man bro!"

"What happened?"

"I did not sleep at all yesterday"

I don't want to know what she's been up to. Its possibly dirty.

"Okay you rest while I go to school"

"Nope, not a problem" she says swaying her hair away from her face.

I take my bags and head to campus. Whilst on the way I meet up with Robbin.

"Hey buddy!"

"Oh hey Chloë. What's up"

"Its good,where are you headed?"

"Religion "

"Same" I reply

We reach religion class and I start taking a few notes. Then out of no where Jace pops up in my face. Geez!

"Hey"

"Hi"

"Happy Valentine's day" he says smiling. Awkward.

"Thanks. Likewise. "

"Thanks"

"So I was curious, what are your favorite snacks..."
Then the Veronica girl came in and she said

"Happy Valentine's day Jace!"

Jace replies

"You know I don't do that shit man"

She looked embarrassed and desperate for Jace to say 'happy Valentine's day to you too' I wanted to laugh in her face really hard.

"So like I said, what's your favorite snacks, favorite activity and favorite tv genre"

I reply "Takis, crime dramas and... keeping time"

He stares at me expecting more info, but that's all I have to give.

"What?"

"Nothing" then he leaves. How odd. Why did he ask me all those questions. Then Miss Hellman enters and starts teaching.

"Hi students. I hope you have your journals. Today's topic is why things happen."

I write the title and continue my notes.

"So in most religions, it is believed that things happen for a reason. If you believe in gods or you are a ploytheiest your gods have put you in that situation for a reason and if you believe in God he put you in that position for a reason."

I start thinking about Rose and the eight friends.

Did God really put me in this place for a certain reason?

"And with that, we have a way of living life as believers of anything, because in the situation we are in the may be a good or terrible end which brings us to our sub topic destiny."

As the lesson continues I start thinking really deep about what is happening in my life. Does this mean that I have an end of my life tunnel which is bright or gray?This has me overthinking things.

We are suddenly dismissed five minutes early and I realise I have an extra hour, so I go to the park like usual and invite Robbin.

"So where do you live?"

"I live in Houston Texas" Robbin replies

"Serious! My grandmother is from Texas" I beam and Robbin looks shocked.

"What's she like" he says biting on his sandwich.

"She's very kind and she sells fruits in a stall"

"Wait, you mean Mrs Grace?"

"Yes! How do you know her?"

"Oh, we always purchase our fruits there. Look this is her stone mango I bought when i came her"

He hands me the big fruit. Woah thos is cool! Knowing that my friend knows my granny is so nice to hear.

Time passes really fast and we head back to campus and resume lectures. I haven't seen Jace anywhere and the Kardashian comments yet. How weird, the 8 friends hide behind Jace. He is sort of intimidating.

Even in physics class that we have together with Jace , he is nowhere to be found. The evening roams in beautifully, making the sky pink. How lovely. I head to the passageway leading to the dorms. And Jace is at the door scratching his head nervously. What in the world? I was relieved to see him here, I got a bit concerned about his whereabouts.

"Hi" I greet

"H-hi" he's very nervous.

"You told me you like keeping time so happy Valentine's day" he says handing me a small box with a red bow on it. I open it and... it's a white watch. Omg, it was so pretty.

"Thank you. Its beautiful" I don't have the right words right now.

"Read the back" he orders and I take the watch out of the box and turn it over.

It reads

"Chloë be mine" in shock I stare deep into his brown eyes. I froze, no words came out of my mouth.

"Chloë give me your heart so the watch will read..." he says as he lifts another back of a watch saying 'Chloë is mine'

I blush. This is too much happening the thoughts in my head stir up. I can't speak

"This is a chance at freedom Chloë. Remember what the religion professor said " all things happen for a reason" My thoughts continued to stir up.

"Chloë?" He asks.