💛Chapter 13, The holidays load

Since the first few weeks were just an introduction to the college. Real school starts August, I already had plan of seeing the whole of New York.

I went to campus and saw Robbin.

"Hey!" He greets

"Hi" I reply. His brown hazel eyes looking back at me and tell me everything about him. It then reminds me of Jace's black hollow eyes. They hide different things about him especially his emotions.

"So what are you doing for the holidays?"

I ask as he scratches his hair.

"I'm just going to stay here you know. Discover this place"

That is actually a great idea. To see this place. Maybe I could even stare at the Big Apple.

"Incredible!" I say.

"Not really. I wanted to go back home but my parents are not in town so they told me I should stay." His fave changes expression. I pity him.

"No worries we'll be here together" I hold his hand and I realise how soft it is.

Jace's POV

"Dude I don't fuck with you" I say staring at this blonde man whore in front of me.

"Listen don't get in my way"

"Well baby girl don't break my sister's heart or your neck is next" I say in Zed's face.

He raises air quotes "you wish you would break my neck "

One day he will know what I mean when I say 'I will break his neck'

Veronica then steps in the room and I quickly reach for the door.

"Wait!" She shouts.

I'm so not in the fucking mood. She then pouts at me.

"Why are you running away from me?"

"I'm not," I say sarcastically.

"Get to the point" she scrunched her nose as I say  frowning at her.

"Oh. Yes, this weekend is a spoilt brats party and rent is due next week Monday" I forgot I even pay rent here

"Oh, okay" I say then she looks away from me.

I take my fingers and lift her face with her chin. She looks me straight in the eyes.

I plant a kiss on her cheek then I kiss her. She fucking smiles all blushing.
I leave to stand there looking like an idiot.

My truck is bombarded by Freshman busy taking selfies with fucking Seniors. I click the button on my car key and they are startled by the siren sound.

"Get off my fucking car freshman"

"And what are you going to do if they don't' questions a senior. He acts all tough In front of my face. Adrenaline rises immediately in my blood and I give him a taste of my fist.

He immediately bleeds from the nose. And gives of bullshit whines.

"Fuck!"

"Like I said get the fuck off my truck" and with that everyone was off in a flash.

Soon my dad calls me.

"Hey dad. What's up?"

"Hey Jason"

"Don't call me Jason!"

"And there is no way I'm calling you Jace " Shit dad.

"So I was wondering when are you coming back to Miami?"

"I do not know but I think you should ask Zoë she remembers" I say thinking about how high she is right now. And how this is a great way to bust her ass as revenge for what she did to me last year.

"Great. I'll call you when I get to her" obviously  he will.

"Bye Jason" the fuck?

"Bye dad"

Chloë's POV

Finally school is almost over. I've already had enough. Although we're back in the next two weeks. This is just boring.

My phone rings on my table whilst I was reading my novel.

I pick up the phone and it reads Jace.
I move my hair from my ear and press the green button then place the phone on my ear.

"Hi" I say.

"Hey baby girl" his voice comes through the phone.

"What's up?"

"Uhm I just wanted to invite you to Miami this Saturday."

"I was planing to go back to Washington"

I know it's not where I wanted to be but I have to go my parents are expecting me back in Washington. And my bus trip is on Thursday. Today is Tuesday.

"Please just two weeks far from home is what every teen wants"

"I don't know Jace"

"Please. I seriously think you will love it there" I stay silent
"So you are going to stay there no vacation what so fucking ever?"

"I'll think about it" I say

"Okay. I lov..." I cut the call before he can finish his sentence.

I hope I can convince my parents. I certainly do not want to go back home to Brian or mom. He's right that is what every teen wants, especially me.

I stare at my phone and find myself sliding my finger up from Jace to dad and I call him. My heart sounds with a huge thud.

"Hey Chloë girl"

"Hey dad"

"Hey Karen it's Chloë" oh man!

"Hi baby!" She screams through the the line.

'Shes baking. Oh and the Hunts are here" he says and my heart stops.

"You mean Brian's parents?"

"Yup and they are staying here for two weeks. Isn't that amazing?"

"Yay!" I try to bring out my best happy voice but it fails miserably I don't even know if dad will fall for it.

"Yay indeed"

"Uhm dad?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"I want to stay in New York this August" I half lie. I was planing on staying in New York but I'm doing this to go to Miami. I do not want to stay with Brian and his family for two weeks.

"Oh. I thought now that the Hunts are here, I thought it would be another reason for you to come back" I feel the disappointment in his Voice. I hate making him feel this way but I'm not going back to suffering.

"I'm sorry dad"

"It's okay baby. Its your life and you deserve to see the whole off New York. Call us everyday okay"

"Thank you so much dad,okay. Bye"

Excitement fills my gut and I'm thrilled. More freedom for two more weeks.

I call Jace and tell him I'm going. And he agrees to discuss what happens next when I see him this week.

(Please vote for my book. This will help me a lot. Lots of love your way
:}♡♡
Cebolelihle1)