💛Chapter 24- the diner

Christian

Christian
..................................

The lights are dimmed by Jace as Zoë and I light up the beautiful candles on the table. The table looks like a restaurant table. It's insane. Then Jace steps closer to the table.

His black suit looks so good on him. It is all black on black . The shirt, the shoes, the tux, damn even the socks. I couldn't help but bite my lip.

"Ladies." He addresses us as he helps with setting the table. Tim runs down the stairs anxiously as the door bell rings.

"Okay people he is here smile dust yourselves and face the door please!" I was a bit surprised by his instructions.

"Is It always like this?" I ask. They both nod and I giggle.

A man in a brown tuxedo enters with a short hair cut and very expensive car keys dangling at his fingers. He drives a Porsche! Tim and him embrace and he walks towards us. He first hugs Jace and they shake hands. Then he walks up to Zoë and takes her hand and kisses it. "My lady" he addresses her. Then he walks up to me then takes my hand and kisses too.

"Your name gorgeous?"
"Chloë. "

"Nice to meet you I'm Christian." He lets me go and takes a seat and we all follow him next.

Tim then speaks.

"This is my good friend Christian. He is our business investor and he took us in after a very heartbreaking incident. "

"I'm hungry. And this food looks delicious. So let's do business before we talk about business. " Christian smiles and we all laugh at the table.

"Miss Zoë, did you cook this?" They all laugh.

"She could burn the house down if she did" Jace says and cracks his dad up. The laughter become contagious I join in.

"Okay. This isn't a roast. Let's enjoy this roast meat. So it was you miss Chloë. " I blushed at the word miss.

"Please call me Chloë and no it wasn't me."

"Then who did this?" He raises one brow.

"My son Jason the master chef!" Tim acknowledges him and begins clapping his hands. We join in and Jace shakes his head.

"It's Jace dad, Jace " we all laugh.

"Well my boy this food is scrumptious!"

"Thanks Christian," Jace replies shyly.

..........................................

We clear the table and Christian and Tim are sitting on the couch eating their desert and discussing some documents.

I walk up to Zoë and give her some dishes to pack into the dishwasher.

"They are discussing an investment into dad's business. He wants to expand it and needs a lot of money."

"Wow that's impressive. How much does he need?"

"About six to seven million dollars" I wanted to scream but held myself.

"What the heck?" All that money. I'm not shocked that Christian has that type of money but I'm shocked that he is willing to get seven million on a business expansion.

I hope Tim has a good business plan. That is a lot of money.

Jace walks into the kitchen and take his apron and he sits and puts his hands in  the pocket and my underwear is in his hands! And he smells it. Oh my gosh. My embarrassment levels are high. Luckily no one saw that.

He puts it into his pockets and walks out to the stairs. I pour myselfa glass of non-alcohoic champagne as set on the table.

Christian  walks up to me and speaks

"You look lovely in the dress it compliment your beauty with a glass and velvet here of red. Say goodbye to the two for me,and a goodnight to you miss Chloë" I nod in agreement and reply.

"Goodnight Mr Christian"

"Please call me Christian" I nod again.

They exit and Tim walks up to m and gestures for me to sit on the couch.

"Where is you family?" I choke on my champagne and pick up the courage to answer him.

"They're in Washington " after that I chugg the champagne.

"Tell them that I said thank you for letting you come here. I know it must have taken you a while to come here and to be honest I have noticed a change in Jace's be behaviour. It all you"

I didn't understand. How did I change Jace. He seems himself to me. I think Tim notices my confused face.

"You have done so much for us. He's more respectful now and has never ever worn his suit properly. And he now smiles frequent......"

"What are you two blabbing on about?" Jace says entering the living room half naked.

"Goodnight Tim. I'm going to go to bed."

I walk upstairs and Jace is behind me when I reach the door his hands catch mine and pin them on to the wall.

"Do you know how much I want to rip you out if that fucking dress and take you right here and now?,"

"I'm sweaty, I have to take a shower" I think it was due to the nervousness I had when Tim asked me about my family.

"Can I join you?," he asks. I shake my head. I need to Clear my thoughts. I get my toiletries and walk to the shower.

I place my phone on the toilet and start undressing. I wrap my towel around my body before I turn on the shower something buzzes...

My phone!