❤Chapter19- Hot holiday

Waking up to warm skin and a layer of sweat has formed all over my body. I open my eyes to find a sleeping Jace on my chest. I don't want to disturb his sleep especially because of what happened last night.

His arms still wrapped around me, But fast asleep he was. I take my fingers and play along with his curly hair. Awaiting for his wake up. Instead he buries himself in my stomach moving my fingers onto the edge of his hair. I don't do anything.

"Why did you stop?" His deep and raspy voice startles me. I continue my rhythm on his hair. He then gets up and his arms supporting his body over me. He plants a long kiss on my mouth.

He then gets of the bed and wears his shirt and shorts. All black. While I sit up and watch him dress.

"It's hot today hey?"

"It is." I reply

"I might have plans for us today"

"Okay,"

Then he comes towards me. His face inches from mine.

"Stay here  okay?"

I nod. He leaves his room and my phone vibrates. It's my mom.

"Hi mom"

"Hi baby how is New York "

"New York? Oh New York. Yeah time travels fast when you are in a different state." Literally.

"Okay. Next holiday, your coming back to Washington. " the phone then beeps, the call was over.

Jace returns with a glass of water  with ice for both of us.

"Thank you. I really needed it"

"Sure. And no one is awake" I nod.

He takes his index finger to my forehead and moves the hair to the back of my ear then cups my cheek.

He then holds my hand and gets me off his big black bed. We head downstairs and he grabs two bowls from the cupboard while I sit on the high chair.

"Breakfast?" He smiles his deep voice questioning my appetite.

"Yes please"

He then grabs some cereal and pours it into the two bowls and adds milk.

"Lazy" I mock him.

"What do you mean"

"I thought you were making me an American breakfast" he laughs and his jaw line appears more define.
He then takes a seat next to me and looks at my eyes and passes me a bowl.

"I'll make you more than an American breakfast" his finger under my chin making me look at these white vacant eyes that lead to his tortured soul. His nightmare starts kicking in my vision.

I do want to ask him about it but I fear that I might trigger something in him so I silence myself.

We get all cuddly and he is so funny even if he is not making a joke. I notice his smiles every time I laugh.

"I threw up instantly, like after the first shot. It was fuck."

I giggle and he holds me tighter.

"Why?"

"My life. My rules."

"Well those are some dangerous rules"

Mr Tim then comes down the stairs but Jace does not let go of me. His slippers making loud noises and he is lazy walking. He heads to the coffee machine and makes some. Then his scratches his eyes while placing his elbows on the counter top. When he stops he sees us.