2~🐦‍⬛

~ Just be you and that's the best~

Rylea

    I laugh at another joke from Charlie before taking a small sip of my strawberry lemonade.

"The food was really good." He finishes his second plate.

"Take some more for lunch tomorrow, Sheriff.~" I hum and his cheeks tint pink.

     We talked about our careers and lives. He at first became hesitant with me when I told him I was only twenty-nine but reassured him I was very interest in Him as himself and at no troubled by the age gap since he was forty. Just an eleven year difference which nearly made him run but I was able to swiftly sink my claws into him and stop him.

"Oh Charlie~ I would love to do this again." I lean forward, smiling.

"Like a date?" He ask nervously, fidgeting with his collar.

"Yes, a date sounds wonderful. Let's exchange phone numbers to keep contact." I smile and stand up, knowing I have a sticky note and pen in a drawer in the kitchen.

    I scribble down my number and walk back to the dining room. Charlie eyes were glued to my body, his eyes dancing over every curve and dip. I laugh lightly as I reach over towards his hand. My fingers glide over the his and our palms face one another as I drop the paper. I pull away but he grabs my hand, firmly.
     A jolt that felt like a snap of electricity surge up my arm and I flinch back, grasping my chestwith a small gasp. Charlie does the same and his eyes looked a little hazy with a purple translucent glow. My eyes widen widen as I see a mark begin to form on his left wrist.

"Oh no! Shit shit shit" I breath and look at my left wrist to see a mark starting to appear also

"Of course! Because he's a fucking Sheriff!" I hiss as I rush into the livingroom, digging around the drawers in the small stand before I find what I'm looking for

    Luckily the magic was still lingering so I quickly wipe the salve on his wrist. I hiss as my mark throbs as the salves makes his disappear. I grit my teeth as the magic is slowly leaving his system. I put on a shaky smile as I snap my fingers and he blinks.

"Charlie? Daydreaming about me already~" I flirt in a attempt to distract.

"Did I? I'm sorry." He chuckles before looking down at his wrist.

    He rotates it side to side before shrugging and smiling back at me. I literally had only twenty-four hours before the salve started to wear out and forty-eight till it was completely gone.

"So about that date? Tomorrow?" I ask

"Yes, how about seven and we go to a dinner?" He smiles wobbly.

"Sure! Are we going to the famous diner you've been telling me about?" I tilt my head, curiously.

"Yes! They have the best cheesecake! Since you said it was your favorite." He chuckles as I collect the dishes and put them in the sink.

"I can't wait." I toss him a smile and he steps towards me.

"Let me help." He takes the rag to clean.

     We chatted, played around by splashing soap suds on each other, laughing and having a good time. My magic was humming in warmth from our little moment. Once that was done, I walked him to the door but I was very reluctant to let him leave and by the look on his face, so was he.

"Hey, we'll see each other again! How about I stop by and drop off breakfast before doing my errands." I look at him shyly.

"Sure, that would be nice. Could you drop off breakfast for two, I'll be having my grand daughter while my daughter and her husband go on a brunch date." He softly grab my hand, rubbing his thumb over mines.

"No problem Charlie." I nod, thinking about what to make.

"Goodnight Rylea." He shuffles a little closer, taking a deep breath.

     I almost giggle at his adorable self and pull him closer, brushing my lips against his ear in an almost kiss.

"Goodnight Charlie~" I purr and he blushes, his while face, neck, and ears a pretty pink.

    He gives me a wobbly fustered smile before heading home. He turns around and waves after getting to his door, which I give one back before closing mine. I snap my fingers and dark purple smoke wipes from behind me as it shapes into Loki who takes form.

"Get to the Twins urgently, tell them about this place and that I found him...my soulmate." I hiss  

       With a low caw before flapping his wings, he swiftly fly out the open kitchen window.

~◆~◇~◆~

Nicole

    I groan as I stab the last vampire, ripping his throat out before setting him on fire. My twin brother, Dante, stumbles back and land on his butt with a groan as I snap my finger, whispering a quick incantation that made it crumble to ashes.

"Bitches!" We hear a very familiar irritating bird call above us.

"Oh fuck off Loki!" I snap. "How the fuck are you so rude and your owner is so horny, it doesn't add up!"

"I bet if you had a familiar, it would be bubbly since you are are such a Tsundere." Dante snickers.

"Twins! This is an urgent message." We hear Big Sis voice and quickly look at Loki, perched on a lamp post.

"He's in his smoke form." Dante quickly gets up, serious face.

"This town has two different supernaturals living here. Loki has spotted Shifters and Cold Ones, unfortunately I reside in the Cold Ones territory. But that is the least of my troubles. I found him...my soulmate." Loki croaks to signal the last of the message.

"Fuck–FUCK! We literally have to go all the way to South Carolina to deal with a rough shifter! It's gonna take us a week to even start heading to Big Sis." Dante hiss after kicking a trashcan.

"Dont litter, dumbass." I snap my fingers to fix it. "Tell Big Sister, we will be there less then a week and a half."

"Hehehe Bye Bitch Fucks!" I growl and throw a can at the damn bird who screeches before taking off.

"I seriously hate that bird." Dante sneers before spitting.

"Dont we both." I groan in agreement before heading towards the car.

I'm on a roll! Yes I will also be updating Spooky Love soon so just give me a quick moment, little bit of writers block since I wanna add drama but not that good at it.

Yes Rylea is a witch, wasn't really trying to hide it 🤷🏾‍♀️

Hope you are enjoying the book! ~🐦‍⬛💜🚔