short story 28 (WinnySatang #2)

* WinnySatang  ~  E D I T I O N

* FULL version of Short Story 20

• using Prompt 3 from Part 1

Winny tries to roll over in the bed, but due to the IV, he can really only inch over just a bit. He takes a deep breath and looks at the clock. 3:32 AM; All he wants right now is Satang. He grabs his phone, opening his messages but immediately closes them. It's three o'clock in the morning; he doesn't want to bother Satang.

At that exact moment, Winny's phone rings.
"Hello?" He answers.
"Hi, Win," Satang answers. "I knew you wouldn't be asleep."
Winny laughs. "I tried, but.... It's so hard to sleep in hospital beds."
Satang laughs, too. "How are you feeling?"
"I miss you," Winny answers honestly. "And I wanna go home."
Satang smiles softly, even though Winny can't see him. "I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning, okay?"
"Okay," Winny says softly. "Can you play the guitar? It might help me sleep..."
Smiling, Satang gets out his guitar and plays until he knows Winny is asleep— and then he plays a little bit extra.

The next morning rolls around and, as promised, Satang is there bright and early; so early that Winny is still asleep. He smiles to himself as he puts his bag on the couch against the wall and walks over to Winny, pulling a chair over and sitting the the edge of the bed, grabbing Winny's hand and holding it in his.

When Winny wakes up, it's only 7:30 AM, but Satang is there at his bedside. Satang looks up at the tiny movement and meets Winny's eye.
"Good morning, Win," Satang says softly, standing up to help him reposition.
Winny leans forward, resting his head on Satang's shoulder; Satang sits on the edge of the bed, stroking the back of Winny's head. Winny pulls back, looking at Satang, who smiles, getting off the bed. Winny holds both of his hands up, beckoning Satang closer. When he's close enough, Winny puts both of his hands on Satang's cheeks, Satang smiles, leaning closer and kissing Winny softly.
"Good morning," Satang says again, softly, brushing Winny's hair from his face. Winny smiles, but doesn't immediately let go of Satang's face.
"I'll call the nurse to help you out of the bed. I can help you to the bathroom, if you need." Satang says softly, rubbing a thumb over Winny's cheek. Winny nods, maneuvering to the edge of the bed with Satang's help. While they wait for the nurse, Winny rests his head on Satang's chest, Satang rubbing his back.
"Good morning!" The nurse says as she comes in.

Satang helps Winny to the bathroom door, and stands outside, waiting to help him back to the bed.  When Winny is finished, he opens the door and stands in front of Satang.
"Just let me stand up for a minute," Winny says softly, wrapping his arms around Satang, putting his head on his shoulder. Satang smiles, rubbing his back again, swaying softly.
"You should probably get back in bed," Satang says after a few minutes. "I don't want you to get in trouble."
Winny nods, closing his eyes before pulling out of the hug.
"Do you want anything?" Satang asks. "Before you get back in bed?"
Winny looks up at Satang, as if he's considering the question. "I want you so bad," Winny breathes out.
Satang leans closer, a small laugh escaping his lips.
"Darling, you've already got me." Winny smiles, kissing him softly, wrapping his arms around Satang's neck, who holds onto him closely. When they pull apart, Satang nudges his nose with Winny's.