short story 193 (JoongDunk #9)

* JoongDunk  ~  E D I T I O N

* NO PROMPT *

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Joong hadn't been expecting anyone that night, but opened the door to find Dunk standing there, looking as if one more thing happened, he'd burst into tears. Joong didn't ask questions. He grabbed Dunk, pulling him into his arms and holding him tightly as he shut the door behind them.

When Joong heard the first sob come out of Dunk, his heart seized, but as he would come to find out it wouldn't be the worst sound he'd hear. That one came just a few minutes later when an absolute chest-heaving, heart-crushing sob came from Dunk. The sound instantly made tears spring to Joong's own eyes. He held Dunk tightly, kissing the side of his head. He could feel Dunk shaking against him.

Joong didn't know what happened. Honestly, he didn't need to know. If Dunk wanted to talk about it, he would; but he wasn't going to press the matter, forcing Dunk to talk about something that had made him cry like this. In the less rational part of his brain, he wanted to know every single detail and (if there was one, who) had done this to his sweet boy.

Carefully, Joong lifts Dunk into his arms and walks them towards his couch. He sits down carefully, keeping Dunk in his arms the whole time.

Joong whispers soothing words in Dunk's ear until Dunk starts to calm down, too tired to cry anymore. He tries to catch his breath as Joong rubs his back.

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Dunk stands in the kitchen, gazing out of the window. He'd calmed down (mostly).

From behind, arms wrap around Dunk's hips, Joong's lips slipping across Dunk's cheek. Joong smiles he kisses Dunk's cheek softly before he pulls back and murmurs lowly in his ear, "I'm so lucky."
Dunk leans back into Joong's arms, finally cracking a small smile. "I should say that." Dunk replies, turning around to face Joong. "I love you." Dunk presses a kiss to Joong's lips, putting a hand on the side of his face.
"I love you, Dunkie," Joong murmurs against Dunk's lips, neither one fully pulling away yet, letting their lips linger against the other's.

inspired by the post Joong put on IG and deleted (yes that is Dunk) also I might write another story at some point based on this picture lol but we'll see!

(not my picture, I found it on Twitter)
I didn't actually see the post so I don't really know much context, just thought I'd share