short story 215 (JJayFuaiz #1)

* JJayFuaiz  ~  E D I T I O N

* NO PROMPT *

°:. *₊ ° . ☆ °:. *₊ ° . ° .•

JJ glanced at the dashboard as he drove down the street. 8:18 AM. He hadn't texted Fuaiz before he'd left, but he was hoping it wasn't too early.

When he pulled up in front of Fuaiz's condo, he was already outside. Fuaiz stood up when he saw JJ's car, the smile already visible on his face from where JJ sits.

Fuaiz's smile only grows wider as JJ walks toward him.
"What are you doing here?" He asks JJ.
"I just wanted to see you. Is that okay?" JJ'a voice combined with the bright smile on his face make Fuaiz's heart race.
Fuaiz nods, wrapping his arms around JJ in a tight hug. He had missed JJ the past few days.

°:. *₊ ° . ☆ °:. *₊ ° . ° .•

Walking through the front door, JJ sees Fuaiz's cat run by in a flash of fur. Turning his head back to Fuaiz, he smiles. Fuaiz grabs his upper arms, tilting his head up to look at him. JJ bends his head, smiling and seeing a look in Fuaiz's eyes that he hadn't before.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" JJ asks.
Fuaiz smiles at him, his eyes locking on the necklace around JJ's neck. He lifts his hands, fidgeting with the chain, avoiding JJ's question. He keeps his eyes down, suddenly feeling nervous. His heart is beating so loudly he can hear the rush of blood in his ears. JJ watches Fuaiz avoid both his eyes and his question.
"Fuaiz?" He says his name softly. "Are you okay?"
When Fuaiz looks up at him, his eyes are shimmering, but still he says yes. "I'm fine." He tries to brush it off. Fuaiz still hasn't made direct eye contact, either.
Gently, JJ takes Fuaiz's hands from the necklace on his neck and grabs Fuaiz's face in his hands. "Don't lie to me." JJ's tone is soft as he says the words.
"If I tell you the truth..." Fuaiz begins. "If I tell you the truth, will you still want to be here?"
JJ raises an eyebrow, confused. "What do you—"
Fuaiz cuts his words off. "I like you."
JJ's eyes widen for a second and then he nods.
"I'm sorry." Fuaiz says. "I'm sorry if this just ruined whatever it is that we have." Fuaiz tries to step back but JJ catches him, meeting his eyes.
"You're not going to let me respond?" JJ murmurs.
"If you're going to break my heart, no." Fuaiz mumbles, looking down at his hands, fingers fidgeting.
"Today's your lucky day. I don't plan on it." JJ's response catches Fuaiz off guard. JJ tips Fuaiz's chin up and kisses him. A gasp comes out muffled onto JJ's lips from Fuaiz and he would've stumbled back if it hadn't been for JJ's arms holding him tight.

JJ pulls back slowly, Fuaiz once again grabbing onto his upper arms as he meets JJ's eyes. There's a small smile on Fuaiz's lips as he murmurs JJ's name softly. The way his name is said makes JJ smile, leaning his head against Fuaiz's, keeping still as Fuaiz keeps his eyes closed for a moment.

Moving his mouth to kiss Fuaiz's cheek, JJ murmurs in his ear, "I like you, too."
Fuaiz breathes a shaky breath, murmuring, "I love you, JJ" but when JJ opens his mouth to reply, Fuaiz kisses him again.
"I love you too," JJ murmurs breathlessly when the kiss ends.