short story 206 (PondPhuwin #14)

lol I literally didn't know Pond got his ears pierced until like a month after

* PondPhuwin ~ E D I T I O N

* where Pond finds a word in English and asks Phuwin about it *

and asks Phuwin about it *

˚∘⊰⋆˙⟡˙⋆⊱˚∘

𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞 (𝑛.) 𝑎 𝑙𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑

Pond holds his phone out to Phuwin. "What does this mean?"
Phuwin looks at the screen, looking at the English word written on the text in the image. Trouvaille.

Phuwin pauses for a moment to think before he speaks. "Trouvaille? It means, 'a lucky find'."
Pond thinks for a moment. "Does that mean you're a trouvaille?" Pond leans closer, moving a strand of hair from Phuwin's face. "You're my lucky find, anyway."
Phuwin can feel the blush creeping up on his face and he tries to look away from Pond, who only turns his face back to his own, pressing his lips to Phuwin's forehead.

˚∘⊰⋆˙⟡˙⋆⊱˚∘

𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 (𝑎𝑑𝑗.) 𝑒𝑥𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

"What does 'ethereal' mean?" Pond asks Phuwin as they sit on the couch one night.
Phuwin looks over him, raising an eyebrow. "Why the sudden interest in English words, huh?" He teases before answering Pond's question. "It means 'extremely delicate and light'. Sometimes people use it to describe others' beauty."
Pond scoots closer. "You're ethereal, Phu."
Phuwin laughs softly. "What are you even talking about, Nara?"
Pond turns Phuwin's face toward his. "You're beautiful. You're ethereal."
"I'm wearing pajamas." Phuwin says with a laugh.
Pond shakes his head. "It doesn't matter. You're still so beautiful to me." Pond leans forward, resting his forehead against Phuwin's. "Ethereal. Wow. I love you."

˚∘⊰⋆˙⟡˙⋆⊱˚∘

𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐭 (𝑛.) 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑦; 𝑓𝑎𝑡𝑒

Before Pond can even ask, Phuwin holds his hand out for the phone. "What word now?" He teases. "Oh, kismet. That means 'destiny' or 'fate'." He looks up and meets Pond's eyes.
"Then it was kismet that we met, wasn't it?" Pond asks, lowering himself to be face to face with Phuwin.
Phuwin's face is hot again. "Nara." He mumbles.
Pond nods, leaning closer. Phuwin uses the nickname again, lifting his hands to cup Pond's face in his hands, softly stroking his thumbs over Pond's cheeks.
"Nara," Phuwin mumbles again, but this time it gets lost on Pond's lips as he gets kissed.

Pond pulls Phuwin to the edge of the chair he was in, tugging him to his feet and pulling his body flush against his own. Pond walks them backwards, guiding them to the couch.

Keeping their mouths pressed together, Pond drops them both onto the couch, pulling Phuwin onto his lap and holding his waist tight.

˚∘⊰⋆˙⟡˙⋆⊱˚∘

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 (𝑛.) 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

"I have a word for you today." Phuwin tells Pond. "Ready?" When Pond nods, he continues, "Quintessence. It means 'the most perfect embodiment of something'. You are the quintessence of everything what I love most." Pond glances at Pond, meeting his eyes, but before he can speak, Phuwin's lips are pressed against his own and suddenly, he can't even remember what it was that wanted to say. Pond wraps his arms around Phuwin, holding him close.

"Phu..." Pond murmurs his name. "Can you never stop calling me Nara?"
Phuwin smiles at him, pressing a lingering kiss against his mouth. "I'll always call you Nara," Phuwin says, bumping Pond's nose with his own. "I promise."
"I love you Phuwin." Pond says. "I always have."
Phuwin smiles. "I love you forever, Nara."