short story 181 (MarkOhm #1)

* MarkOhm ~ E D I T I O N

* MarkOhm  ~  E D I T I O N

* NO PROMPT *

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။၊|• 0:10

Ohm didn't know what to do for Mark's birthday.
He had thought and thought and thought. He asked his friends— even his family, but nothing seemed 'good enough' for him. He felt like he was being very last minute with his plans, but he simply couldn't come up with a single thing, until Sea had come to him with an idea.

Ohm had spent hours earlier that day preparing Mark's birthday surprise. He was excited but also a little nervous. What if he didn't like it?

It was later in the evening, the sun was about to set.
Mark wasn't sure what Ohm had planned, but honestly he didn't care. He knew just being with Ohm would be a special memory for him, but he also could tell, as Ohm drove, the nerves that were eating him from inside.

"Shouldn't I be nervous?" Mark teases, touching Ohm's thigh lightly.
Ohm chuckles, giving him a quick nervous grin. He could barely control his shaking as he steered the car down the road. Luckily, he knew the way to their destination pretty well.

Mark sort of knew the area. He knew there was a park nearby, a river sat in front of the grass, but he wasn't sure that he'd ever been. Especially not at night.

Ohm parked the car and turned to Mark.
"I need to blindfold you." Ohm says sheepishly.
Mark nods, his interest growing by the minute.

As the blindfold settles over his eyes, he feels Ohm's hand on his wrist and hears him getting something out of the car, the trunk closing just a few seconds later.

Being led by Ohm, Mark wonders what Ohm has planned. He also thinks how odd it is to be led across the park, blindfolded while also in the darkness. The sun had finished setting on the drive over, a carefully curated detail by Ohm who had planned this. Ohm's planning had been meticulous— it had to be perfect.

Ohm left Mark to stand on his own for just a second as he prepared something, then walked behind Mark, untying the blindfold. As he let it fall, he hoped that Mark would like what he had done.

As Mark's eyes adjusted, he saw a small teepee tent lined with fairy lights at the top. A blanket was lined on the ground, a picnic basket sitting on the edge of the blanket. And when he turned around, he saw Ohm's anxious, smiling face.

Ohm could feel the tenseness in his body as we waited to fully see Mark's reaction. He waited with bated breath before explaining. "I wasn't sure what to do for your birthday... so I set up a nighttime picnic."
Mark is still smiling when he grabs Ohm's wrist, pulling him toward the teepee. "I love it," he assures Ohm.

Ohm opens the picnic basket, pulling out three things:
1) drinks
2) a cake
3) a small, black box.

Ohm's hands shake as he hands Mark the box.
"If you don't like it, it's okay. I just... I saw it and..." Ohm trails off.
Opening the box, Mark sees a silver necklace. When his eyes spot the charm, he smiles softly. It's a silver tooth charm, which could seem weird but Mark knows exactly why Ohm picked it: their upcoming series.
Mark looks up, meeting Ohm's eyes. He takes the necklace from the box and holds it out to Ohm, gesturing to him for help putting it on.

As Ohm puts it around his neck, Mark takes a moment to look at him so close in front of him. When Ohm is finished and pulling back, Mark catches him and meets his eyes again.
"Ohm?" He asks softly.
Ohm nods. "Hmm?" He knows if he says anything else, his voice will shake. He doesn't know why he's so nervous.
"Can I kiss you?" Mark asks softly, drawing a finger underneath his chin as he tips his face up.
Ohm nods slowly and Mark leans in, pressing his lips to Ohm's gently.

Mark pulls back, looking at Ohm, who has a smile on his lips.
"Ok?" Mark asks lightly.
Ohm nods and, with a hand on the back of his neck, pulls Mark back in, kissing him. Harder this time, but still gentle.

Ohm drops himself onto Mark's lap, moving his hands to cup Mark's face in his hands, letting his thumbs roll over his cheeks.

Mark wraps his arms around Ohm's waist, holding him there and savoring the taste and feel of Ohm's lips on his.

"Do you like it?" Ohm asks shyly when he pulls away.
"What? The surprise or you?" Mark teases, pressing a feather light kiss to Ohm's cheek.
Ohm blushes and even in the darkness, Mark can see it. "The surprise," Ohm mumbles.
Mark smiles. "I like both." He tells him. "Thank you,"
Ohm's smile widens. "Happy birthday," he says softly.
Mark grins at him, holding Ohm's face in his hands and presses a soft kiss to his lips before he says, "You brought cake?"