Chapter 3

I did as Michael suggested and took a hot bath in my private bathroom. It was warm and comforting, and there was some expensive rose scented bath gel in the cabinet. Afterwards, I crawled into the large, plush bed and drifted off.

At around 1:00, I was awoken from my sleepiness by my phone ringing. I saw the number was again, unknown.

I groaned and sat up to answer the phone.

"You don't have to block your number when you call me, you know?"

"I just like to mess with you, sweetheart. Calm down," Trevor chuckled.

"What do you want? You just woke me up."

"I'm outside the house right now, come down and we can talk."

I got up and looked out the window, and sure enough, there he was. I hung up and walked downstairs after throwing on some random clothes.

"I don't know if Michael would appreciate me letting you in the gate, Trevor." I shouted after him.

"Michael is my best friend, me showing up at his house is the least of his worries."

I groaned and pushed the button to open the gate, and Trevor walked into the front yard, making his way to some lawn chairs by the pool.

"I gotta say, princess, I was surprised that you took Michael's offer. I ain't heard from ya in a while, but I know you don't need that money." He chuckled.

I sighed.

"I don't know...I felt kind of bad for ditching you after the bank robbery incident and I guess I wanted to pay it forward by doing you the favor."

Trevor smiled and looked me up and down.

"Can't disappoint your uncle T, huh?"

"Hardly, you've been nothing but loyal to me over the last five years. I guess the least I could've done was to hear you out."

"Well, now you have this nice mansion all to yourself, how's that feel?"

"Ha! Not really, Amanda certainly was not happy to see me. Michael lied and told her I worked for Lester, I guess that's his fake job, CEO of Darnell Bros."

"I know Amanda knows about his history with me, duh. But I doubt she knows he's back in the game now." Trevor scoffed.

"I just don't want to cause a rift with Amanda, since she clearly doesn't want me here."

"Oh, cause all the havoc you want. Their marriage is beyond repair. She cheated on him with that tennis coach, now it's the yoga guy, and she walked up on him inside a stripper once. They're stuck together for now but who knows what the future holds."

I laughed.

Trevor lit a cigarette and took a long drag, staring off into the clouds.

"I think you took that job because Michael offered it to you, not to do me a favor." He finally said.

"What are you talking about?" I pried.

"Come on, Katy Kat, I saw the way you looked at him when you met him. He was checking you out too. If you're not gonna go for me, might as well go for someone."

"Don't be like that unless you wanna get your shit rocked." I snapped.

"You know full well that I would never hurt you like that. I'm just saying that if you offered a hand I wouldn't say no."