Chapter 17

*the original artist of this young Michael and Trevor piece has their tumblr user at the bottom of the photo. Please check them out! This is not my original artwork!**

 Please check them out! This is not my original artwork!**

**Undisclosed location in the Midwest, 2002**

Michael would be 34 during this time, Trevor would be 32.

Michael's POV

"I guess that's a wrap, T. This'll have to do for now." I muttered.

I tossed my old black backpack into the corner of the shitty motel room. Trevor and I hadn't done much that day. We were mostly collecting the few assets we had and making another trip to our next undisclosed location, since Trevor thought it'd be a great idea to beat up the guy at the gas station over a scratch off ticket.

"Well, Mikey...you've certainly outdone yourself this time. I didn't think anywhere would be a tighter fit than the last place, but here we are. May I offer you my applause for being such a generous host?"

Trevor chuckled and clapped his hands together a few times.

I shook my head and gave him the finger, telling him to shut the hell up. It was his fault that we had to vacate from our last residence that was somehow less shitty, but there wasn't much we could do about our circumstances now.

"Just...wash off, okay? I'm gonna watch tv and try to decompress."

"Whatever you say, amigo."

Trevor walked into the tiny bathroom and turned on the shower. I emptied out my bag and grabbed a bag of pretzels, polishing them off quickly. The old couch in the room announced my presence with a loud creak as I sat down and flicked on the TV.

I surfed through the channels for a little bit and was only landing on trashy reality TV, until I came to the HEO channel.

Thank God, a Solomon Richard's movie was on.

"Oh yes..." I whispered to myself.

I got as comfortable as I could and engulfed myself in another 80's movie fantasy. The movie was called "Demolition". I had seen it before, of course. It was about a vampire who fell in love with a mortal woman and ugh, just a great plot overall.

I heard the bathroom door open and Trevor stepped out into the room wearing his old Sex Pistols t-shirt and black sweats that he had on earlier in the day. He pulled some cigarettes out of his jacket that was draped over the side of the couch.

"Really, you're gonna smoke in here?" I pestered.

I cared about Trevor a lot, but I wish he gave more of a shit about morals and decent values. But it wasn't like I was a great role model for him either. For the past ten years, all I'd done was run whores and smuggle dope.

"Ah, who gives a shit?" He grumbled, lighting the cigarette between his teeth.

He plopped down next to me on the couch and turned his attention toward the TV.