Chapter 15

(Not a drawing from twitter, but look at this awesome screenshot of Trevor that someone got from GTA online aghh. Sorry if it doesn't show up. For whatever reason wattpad shows it in the draft but not in the actual story? I dont know.)

**Four years earlier: 2009**

The night was...the night was what, exactly?

This side of town may have been sketchy as hell, but the dark sky and crisp air always brought me comfort at night.

I was sitting out on the porch of the shop when I heard the familiar roar of a vehicle storming down the road. The dim headlights came into view and a knot formed in my throat once I recognized the license plate.

Trevor's red pickup truck.

Even though we had been working together for about a year at that point, I never really knew what to say to the man. He must've been good enough for my dad to trust him, but that didn't mean he wasn't scary at times.

And God, I missed my dad.

"Hey, sweetheart. Get inside, there's a big storm coming. I don't want any of us near it when it hits."

"H-how do you know?" I stuttered, scrambling to my feet.

Trevor ran a hand across his forehead and thought for a second.

"Ron picked it up on his little personal radio. There's a shelter in the basement with everything we need, come on."

He tossed an arm around my shoulder and led me through the front door to our disheveled convenience store setup. I must admit, it was pretty clever. I ran the shop during the day for the most part, but no one really came in anyway. Other times, I assisted with setting up shipments for Trevor Philip's Enterprises upstairs. I was a stock manager, basically...who sometimes assisted in making pipe bombs and other illegal explosives, but we can just overlook that part for now.

Trevor took his arm back from around my shoulder and headed for the basement, grabbing the pump shotgun behind the door on his way down the steps.

"Hey, Chef!" I called out.

Chef turned his comically large head to face me and pushed his glasses up on his nose.

"Boss wants us in the basement, I guess a storm's brewing...come on."

Chef nodded awkwardly and followed me down the stairs.

I couldn't stop my legs from shaking as I struggled to walk down the rickety basement steps. Ron was eagerly waiting at the bottom to take my hand to guide me the rest of the way. I gladly accepted his gesture of kindness and thanked him with a subtle nod and a whisper.

Before I could even put my things down to get settled, Trevor was clapping his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Alright!" He shouted.