Chapter 4

*mirror AI photo of Kathryn Stanhope for this chapter teehee*

I woke up early the next day and showered as soon as I got up, making sure to check on my hand and switch out the bandage. Thankfully, the cuts weren't super bad and were healing nicely.

    I got dressed into a burgundy long sleeve shirt and black jeans and headed downstairs. I poured myself some orange juice and ate whatever scraps of cereal I could find.

    The weather was actually kind of nice that day. It was a little chilly out, but still sunny. The beating wrath of the Los Santos sun always took me out if I spent more than an hour outside, no matter how much sunscreen I applied. For once, it was a decent temperature and I wasn't melting inside the expensive walls of this house.

    I still felt a little out of place here, especially after my confrontation with Amanda. I still hadn't met Michael's kids, though I didn't really want to. Jimmy was always in his room screaming a slew of slurs into a headset and Tracy was always gone with her friends. That was perfectly fine with me.

    After I had finished with my hunting for food, I went back upstairs and read for a little while. I had brought a few books with me and was deep into my sci fi universe when I heard Michael's bedroom door open. But instead of going to say hello, I just left him alone and didn't say anything.

    After some time, I heard some voices downstairs. My nosy ass had to investigate, of course. I slowly climbed out of bed and walked to the top railing of the stairs, being careful to keep a grip on my hunting knife in case there was any trouble. I knew little of Michael's secret life, but I knew the basics. There was no way I was ever going to let my guard down.

    "Man, why would you do that?"

    "You saw what happened, I had to get her something."

    "Well yeah, but not now. This shit couldn't have waited?"

    I placed the voices immediately, Michael and Franklin.

    "He just wants to see her fuck around, it's fine."

    Trevor

    I tiptoed down the stairs until Franklin noticed me and held up his hand in a wave.

    I smiled back and Michael turned around.

    "Hey, kid! How're you doing? Are you alright?" He asked.

    "I think so..." I murmured.

    "I'll tell ya, sweet cheeks, I was impressed with how you smoked that dusty troll last night." Trevor chimed in.

    I rolled my eyes. Trevor laughed.

    "You're taking after uncle T already, and I'll tell ya, it was a hell of a show to see."

    "Trevor, shut up, she is not. She's not gonna murder someone in broad daylight and have to skip town." Michael interjected.

    "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that smashing that bottle over that guy's head was against her own free will."

    I crossed my arms and glared at Trevor until Michael broke the silence.

    "Well, speaking of, I thought you could use a little extra help in case trouble like that came up again, follow me."

    We all followed Michael into the kitchen where he sat a black case down on the island.

    "What is this?" I demanded.

    Michael chuckled.

    "Hey, hey, it's just a little gift that I picked up this morning. Open it up, why don't you?"