Chapter 31

Day of Trevor's big job

"Hey, are you listening? KATHRYN!" Trevor grumbled, swatting a hand in my direction.

"Huh? Yeah, yeah for sure..." I mumbled.

"I'm going to go over the plan again...and this time, do not tune out, you hear me?"

I nodded and muttered some curse words under my breath, crossing my arms.

Michael, Shawn, Franklin, Ron, and myself were all sitting on or around the couch in Trevor's trailer discussing the plans to take over The Lost MC and rob them for this stash of weapons that they had hidden in their camo somewhere. Ron got word that the stock was supposed to be leaving their camp in crates that were stashed away in a stolen pickup on their lot. Trevor wanted us to raid the place and steal the truck, selling the weapons to someone affiliated with TPI.

"Okay," He started to say.

"Franklin, okay you're the lookout. You stay stationed at your post across the road with your getaway car. Shawn, you're with me. You and I are gonna plant the sticky bombs and take out anyone who gets in our way, alright? K will phone the detonation in to Ron. We need to create a hell of a distraction while Michael and K steal the truck and bring it back to the airfield. Everyone understand?"

"Yes..." we all groaned.

I wasn't too excited about doing this job, and I'm not sure anyone else was either. We were all sick and tired of Trevor's ongoing beef with The Lost MC, but we were a team no matter what. The more of us there were, the less likely Trevor was to find himself dead floating at the bottom of the Alamo Sea. None of us wanted Trevor dead, even if he was an ass most of the time.

"Lets go, then!" He shouted, clapping his hands together.

As the night cast its ominous shroud over the desert, we all climbed into our assigned vehicles, grabbed our earpieces, and drove quietly to The Lost MC's lair, a dilapidated camp/trailer park on the outskirts of Sandy Shores. Trevor and Michael navigated the winding roads with the skill of seasoned veterans. When we arrived, every step they took was calculated and silent. I caught Shawn stealing glances at me and smiling on many occasions before Trevor noticed and pulled him away, whispering for him to stay focused. They both quickly disappeared quickly, hiding behind things and planting sticky bombs on some of the trailers.

"K, this your frequency?" Trevor's voice rang in my earpiece.

"Yes, it is."

"Shawn and I have set the charges, phone it in. Oh, and back the fuck up."

I chuckled and glanced at Michael who was crouching in the bushes next to me. He gave me a soft smile and nodded for me to make the call. I phoned Ron and let him know the charges were set.

"Alright, Mikey...cover your ears." I whispered.

The sticky bombs went off without a hitch and soon after, small balls of fire and debris were flying all over the place but I didn't dare scream or run off. I was too busy taking it all in. I hadn't been on a job like this with Trevor in years and seeing the chaos of the whole thing took me back to all those years ago. My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I was memorized by the flying sparks and flashing lights, cause in a weird way it was all just so rad.

Michael tapped my shoulder to pull me out of my trance and pointed to Trevor and Shawn's post, where Trevor motioned for us to strike. He charged into the fiery chaos, smashing people with the butts of their guns and sending bodies flying.  Shawn took out a few members of the gang without a hitch or hesitation, snatching up their personal valuables along the way.