Chapter 12

Michael came back from his discussion with Dave about an hour later and came to talk to me about it. I was sitting on the couch in my room upstairs.

"I know you're probably curious, but there's only so much I can say."

I nodded.

"Thankfully, Dave was able to talk to Steve and agent Sanchez. Dave allegedly had no hand in my kidnapping and only went along with it because he's afraid of Steve. He said he told you he only wanted you to scare me and Steve took it to an extreme, is that true?"

"Yeah, he did ask me to scare you but that was it. But what's happening with Steve now?"

"Dave said that Haines is recovering from his leg injury but he assured me that he likely won't be bothering us anymore, now that Dave has all the info on the kidnapping. They have info on me and each other that could bring their whole thing crumbling down. I think it's best that we...lay low for a little. Not to say that we can't go out and do things, but never mention the FIB or anything that happened with them, okay? If anyone asks about me, I got jumped."

I understood what Michael was saying, though I thought it was a bit silly that he felt the need to remind me of these things. Of course I wasn't going to take my own road and blab about everything that happened. I just wanted to be left alone about all this until the heist was over and done with.

The monotonous ring of my cell phone pulled me out of the conversation with Michael.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"It's Lester..." I muttered.

"Can you put it on speaker?"

"Sure,"

I answered the phone and put it on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"The heist is a-go! I have everything sorted out. We've got our hacker, getaway vehicles, and our gunman. Now all we have to do is wait. I was just letting you guys know since the entire crew won't be reconvening again until after the heist is complete. Is Michael there?"

"He's right here, we've got you on speaker, Lester." I replied.

"Good, Good...that's one less phone call that I have to make. Listen uh...Michael, did Trevor say anything to you about splitting the funds with all the crew?"

Michael leaned in closer to the table.

"Yes, he did. I think the way we have it is fine. Everyone on crew gets a 14% cut except for Kathryn but we've already discussed that."

"Alright, I think we should sit down and try to figure out exactly how much we need to take for it to be an even cut for everyone as well as ourselves."

"Sounds good to me, when?"

"I'll get my stuff and meet you at Trevor's this evening. He's taken over the Vanilla Unicorn gentleman's club."

I couldn't stop my word vomit question from coming up.

"What the hell? How did he manage to do that?"

Lester chuckled.

"Use your imagination, sweetheart. Michael, I'll see you soon."

Lester hung up after that.

I turned to Michael and he looked at me like he wanted my input.

"I don't have anything for you, Michael. Lester said he wanted to meet with you. He mentioned you specifically by name, not me. You should go. As long as I get my 40% cut, I won't be complaining."