16.5

"Are you sure you want to quit your studies?" Nahida asked, cocking her head innocently.

"Yes, Buer." Kuni crossed his arms.

"Alright, if you ever want to return, we're always open to accepting you."

The hydro region went from having the aroma of salty water to a clean, refreshing smell. Instantly upon hopping in the waverider, Aether noticed a hydroculus and collected it, placing it in his adventure bag.

"Ooh! Paimon is so excited for the new food!"

"Yeah, we know. You wouldn't stop talking about it the whole adventure." Paimon stuck her tongue out at the puppet, huffing as she looked away from his direction.

"You're so rude!"

"Thank you. I try my best." Aether flicked the duo on their foreheads, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Stop causing such a ruckus; we're not even on land yet."

"Sorry, Aether, your boyfriend won't stop talking!"
— "Apologises that your companion blabbered about useless things the entire time." The two looked at each other, the fairy glaring harshly at the puppet while said puppet just stuck his tongue out at her, pulling down his eye a bit.

"Can't you both just shut up?!" Aether glared at them both, "I have a headache, and your childish antics aren't helping." Despite the annoyance in his tone, his voice was still as soft and soothing as ever.
The "enemies" sat quietly next to each other— well, more Paimon was sitting on Kuni's left leg because of the lack of space in the waverider— and didn't argue any longer, mentally agreeing to continue once they were sure that running away from Aether was possible.