VIII

In the past, I used to add casts to my stories. Let me know via comments or personal messages if you'd like to see the casts of this novel or You'd rather use your imagination.

Naomi looked at the brown Louis Vuitton luggage filled with her clothes. Her mother in law as she insisted on being called had sent her three filled boxes dresses and traditional materials for her to sew choice styles even though she insisted that she would prefer to fill the box with her own dresses. Mrs. Crown does not like to be told what to do as she had recently discovered.

"I don't think I want to take all my clothes over there? I am still going to be here for work weekly."

"I don't know why you are still packing all these your clothes when you have a fashionable mother in law that has sent you expensive dresses."

"I still want my own dresses Gwen"

"Ehen, who owns these ones she sent?" Gwen snickered. "Do you know that your mother in law is one of the most fashionable women in this town? You think she will allow you wear these things you call clothes?"

"Not everyone likes to be handed gifts they do not need,"Seun retorted

"Why are you girls still behaving as if she's being sacrificed?" Gwen asked. "Just make the best of it. Even though you guys are hush hush about the event, It will find its way to social media, is it not better for you to be prepared for the life?"

"So that people will think I am a gold digger abi?"

"My dear, if you are digging the gold or not, the label will come. You are getting hitched to "the Abisade Crown" she quoted with her fingers. "so why not DIG or else you will explain tire, no evidence.

Anyway, I put lingerie here for you, she lifted a small bag, it's my gift to you."

"I hope it's not all those your next to nothing night wears?" Mabel smiled.

"Baby gurl, go and conquer your territory, you need to let this guy see your package, its too much for you to hide behind..."

Seun coughed on the other side of the closet looking at Gwen with the haughtiest expression she could muster.

"Okay o," Gwen waved her hands in surrender.

"I am still going to stay in the hospital premises till I am done with my housemanship,  then who knows what will happen for my NYSC." Naomi shrugged

"Babes, you cannot leave Lagos for your service year. You will be a married woman, which will definitely be considered."

"That aside, I am sure your husband is influential enough to get you placement in Lagos. Please don't let all these my hard work be in vain." Gwen grumbled. "I am here for the good life."

Naomi sighed as she threw another shoe in the box.

"I am not asking for anything, just give me free access to your house and your husband's parties." Gwen pouted.

Seun shook her head.

"It's true now, at least let me take advantage of the little blessings. My friend is going to be a rich woman, we must enjoy together. Less I forget, I have an appointment for 7pm, I have to leave now." She checked her gold wrist watch and dropped the small package on the bed.

"Oh! Thanks for coming through for me."

"What are friends for?" Gwen air kissed and left the room.

"I wonder how you cope with her."