X

"Am I to assume that you have nothing to say to me in response to everything I said?"

"Oh! I did not know that I was permitted to have a say," Naomi looked at him feigning innocence.

"You knock on my bedroom door, two weeks after wedding to tell me we need to talk, only for you to reel out more rules and regulations for me to follow, what were you expecting me to say? What is my business with your friends coming here? As long as they do not enter my room or interfere with my routine. The house is all yours. I just want my peace if that is not too much to ask for."

"First, I hope you are not under any illusion that this is a real wedding because my mother insisted we attend her church for wedding thanksgiving, and you do not expect me to toe the line of a loving husband," Abisade smirked

"You do not need to put it in words, even the blind can tell that it is not a proper wedding," She retorted. "I do not want to be here too, but right now there is nothing either of us can do about it. I don't care what you do with your life, let me deal with my mess at my own pace even though my parents put me in it but I guess it is one of the sacrifices I have to make for my dream to come true and I have accepted my fate don't compound my problems with your whining please. I know it's your house, your rules, do whatever you like."

"How dare you tell me I am whining?"

"What do you call this?"

"I am going to be the mature one here right now and ignore your insults. While on the topic of you accepting your fate, consider the following too, I am going to continue living my life as if you are not part of it, I don't want you forming an unnecessary alliance with my brother in order to get to me, I am not responsible for you although I guess I can part with some change for your upkeep monthly, I am not attracted to you sexually so you don't need to go through any stress trying to get my attention, You don't have to worry about bills, I ..."

"Goodnight Abisade," Naomi huffed and left him in the living room.

"I am not done here."

She was too angry to respond to any of his gibberish. She walked up the stairs and slammed her bedroom door. She picked up her phone to take out her anger on her mother even though the decision was all her dad's. She needed someone to talk to or rant.

Just then she heard a gentle tap on the door. Thinking it was Abisade, She ignored.

The tempo increased and she ignored still. She had allowed Abisade to rile her up this evening in addition to being upset from work.

"Madam! Madam!! Your food is ready," came the soft voice of the housekeeper's daughter.

"Thank you Faith, I am not hungry."

"But madam..." She started through the door

"Faith, I am very angry, please go away, I don't want to take it out on you."

"Sorry ma."

She picked up the phone she had dropped on the bed. She unlocked it to see a message from Seun's sister.

She was thankful for her help with her new designs which she posted on Instagram. Oh! That was probably the notification she received earlier. She told Imade to tag her to the pictures she had volunteered to take while modeling the new designs.

Her anger aside, she tapped on the notification to see that at least 20 people had made comments on the dress and how lovely it looked on her. Then her phone started ringing

"Naomi Abisade-Crown," came the voice from the other end

"I am not in the mood right now"

"Hot "kek""

"I am serious Seun"

"What is wrong with you gurl?"

"This is just the beginning of my new phase Seun and I am already tired," she sighed

"Baby girl, I don't want to know what happened, you had a life before Abisade, please let's focus on that."

"It is not as easy as you speak"

"Of course I know, the problem is that there is nothing we can do at this stage that we have not tried before so let us focus on the good side. You are almost a full-fledged doctor, your letter of appointment is already waiting for you at Manslad hospitals, just focus on the positives, if the situation worsens, we can apply to work in the U.K. You come home to visit your husband for vacation," she ended with a smile.

"I know right, it's just that I never knew that I will be one of those women that will be weeping in a Rolls."

"See? Rather than laughing in a tricycle"

Naomi busted into laughter. "Now you are sounding like Gwen."

"God forbid, but really, I can't claim to understand how you feel but all I can say is that you should focus on your focus."

"Motivational speaker"

"Yes o. Let's talk about something interesting sweetheart. Have you seen the comments on Imade's pictures?"

"I just saw them now, those designs were really nice."

"But the model was hotter."

"Really?"

"I told you na, you are always hiding your figure in those lab coats and big blouses. If Abisade gets a glimpse ehn..."

"Don't even go there, someone that said to me that he is not attracted to me sexually."

"I am sure he said it in anger or maybe nonchalantly"

"I don't care please, let him stick to side chicks."

"I like that word, "side chicks" you are the real deal."

"I swear, you are good for my ego."

"I am telling you the truth. Believe me it's a matter of time. We have a few months till the end of our housemanship, you already have a roof over your head, a ring on your finger, a car that some people can only dream of even though you cannot drive, Abisade will be the least of your worries when you start working. You will probably be away at camp for about three weeks, you can meet people make friends, need I say more? When life throws lemons at you, you make lemonades."

"How is your end? I am sorry to dump you my challenges problems on you. I will continue to focus on the bright side"

"I am good. I thought I would be able to make it to Manslad to see you today only for you to send a text that you left already."

"I am sorry about that, Sanmi made an appointment for me with a driving school and I totally forgot till he called to remind me."

She had promised to stay out late with Seun and possibly Gwen and some of the Colleagues who wanted to celebrate her nuptials with her but a mistake at the hospital in her team had almost cost them the life of a patient. The head of department had taken it out on her even though she was not around during the incident. She was upset and was almost at the point of tears when Sanmi called to remind her about her driving lessons.