Chapter 8 The shadow traitor (The brightport arc)

Aphmau's POV
I was was in relief when Laurence had told me the lord had all the ingredients that I needed which is even better because now I can still try to convince the lord to help us with trading while I get the items for the healing potion.

"So where does he live?" I asked curiously.

"Well he lives in that big nayaga far from the village square. From what I heard he has healing magicks however the villagers haven't seen him since two days ago which is why me and Balto are here to investigate." Laurence stated as I was shocked of how another lord went missing.

~play opening~

~after opening~
As me and Laurence were asking some of the guards about the missing lord they had nothing on them. As I was asking another guard I heard shouting and turned around to see what was going.

"Please you have to save the werewolf pup!" A little boy exclaimed as the guards laughed.

"Why should we?" One of them asked.

"Because he's a child of the wolf tribe, if we hurt him the werewolves will go down on us even harder and turn into a all out war." The little boy said. He had gold blonde hair, green eyes and was wearing a blue village shirt and light brown pants.

"Look John the hunter does what it does and we guards don't do that besides you know how werewolf are stubborn and ignorant." The guard replied

"And don't forget very aggressive and sometimes violent, and all types of dangerous things. You know usual wildlife. Unless you want our village being like Metli hiring werewolves as guards." The second guard said as both of them laughed and all of a sudden Balto grabbed one of the guards by the shoulder angered.

"What the hell did you just say?" Balto asked as both of the guards were scared.

"Uhh nothing, nothing at all we were just telling this kid how to um stop making excuses just because his dad is a guard, right?" One of the guards asked nervously to the other guard.

"Oh yeah my dad was a guard and looked how I turned out, oh look at the time we should probably switch shifts." The guard said as both guards quickly walked away.

"Pathetic bastards." Balto mumbled as Laurence saw what happened.

"Let me guess you overheard them talking again didn't you?" Laurence asked.

"They we're basically calling my tribe dip in shit." Balto said annoyed.

"Onii~Chan what does dipped in shit means?" Caleb asked as Laurence facepalmed.

"It means trash talking someone also lets not use that word ever again until your older." Laurence stated as Caleb nodded as another little boy who looked like Leona's age came near us.

"Hey John did you convince them?" He asked. He had black hair, cyan eyes, light skin, a black village shirt with trousers and gray shoes.

"No they wouldn't listen, this is bad what should we do?" John asked.

"I don't know." The boy said as I walked up to them.

"Excuse me your father is a guard right?" I asked John.

"Yeah he is." He replied.

"Aph what are you doing?" Laurence asked.

"This is our best shot at finding the lord." I replied to him.