Chapter 17 The Stranger (The wyvern realm arc)

~???'s POV~
As I was standing in front of her grave my mind was filled with those same thoughts of how I could've protected her and my son but I failed as those memories came rushing in. All of a sudden I heard talking in the distance as I recognized the voice as Jenny as she was walking with two other men.

"I wonder who those two are?" My sister Melissa asked as they walked closer as one was a werewolf the other was a man with light brown hair and light blue eyes.

"There you guys are!" Jenny called out as I saw the brown haired guy holding a realm pen and a wyvern scale.

"Who are you guys?" I asked in a stern tone hoping they weren't a threat.

"I'm Laurence Zvhal the head guard of the village Metli and this is Balto one of the other guards." The man said as Jenny handed me the realm pen and wyvern scale.

"We were told you know how to use these. This girl named Aphmau got stuck in the wyvern realm so we need someone who knows how to do the ritual to free her." Balto explained gruffly as I heard soft footsteps in the distance running towards here as I saw it was a child with black hair, cyan eyes, and light skin as I suddenly recognized him and was in shocked.

"Jacob?" I asked as Melissa was shocked as well...

~Play opening~

~After opening~
~Aphmau's POV~
It was almost the evening as the sun was setting and I had just gotten out of the wyvern realm still holding onto the red obsidian.

"So your Aphmau I'm guessing?" The mysterious man asked I was surprised since he knew my name even though we've never met before.

"Yep that's me. Where's Laurence and Balto?" I asked looking around as I didn't see them at all.

"There back at the camp grounds. The real question is are you alright?" He asked looking at me to see if I had any scars or marks of harm that I may have gotten during my time in the wyvern realm.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about it." I said reassuringly as the man helped me up as the both of us started walking.

"So who are you anyways?" I asked curiously as the man sighed.

"Names aren't important after all I'm just a guy trying to survive in this world of isolation." He replied knowing that here in Japan we isolated ourselves from other countries however regions like Ru'an and Tu'la weren't super strict with that policy since sometimes other villages will secretly allow foreigners in or discreetly to avoid a possible panic or different type of reaction or situation.

"Wait so you live here out in the forest and not in any sort of village?" I asked curiously as he nodded.

"I use to live in a village before all hell broke loose at least now I get to see my son again." The man said smiling warmly as I was a bit confused.

"What do you mean by again?" I asked.

"Well after the incident we got separated and after months of looking we couldn't find him besides I don't like talking about what happened to my village." The man said as I stayed quiet but I was still curious about one more thing.

"Who's your son that you reunited with?" I asked curiously as he stopped in his tracks.

"His name is Jacob, earlier two guys who you mentioned earlier Laurence and Balto approached me and Jacob followed them. After years of the incident and when he went missing I thought he was dead but now not only am I glad but I'm also grateful that my son was returned back to me unharmed." The man said in soft warm tone as I smiled.