Chapter 18: Otherworld

They're on their own now. No Mari to stick with them and help guide the area. All they have is a lousy map that's not even filled out and Mari every few hours. Aubrey is now holding the hangman sheet, 'cause Kel was "too stupid" to hold it.

Mari told them, before they left, to go east of the stump, but she didn't tell them what was waiting in store.

And oh boy. The things that were coming up were nothing that they would have ever expected....

.....................................................................
   "Soooo... East of the stump?" Hero asks again. They arrive there. Aubrey looks back in the hole to the stump, bewildered, "I can't believe I actually got my ass through there."

   Basil taps her on the shoulder, reminding her that they're on a time limit now.
   They continue East.

    Kel puts his hands behind his head, "Three days, huh? Do you think we can do it?"
   Aubrey pinches her elbows, "I can't believe..."
   Basil looked down at his feet, "That he had to deal with it for so long...?"

   "Yeah.. and literally, everything about this. It's fucking insane. Just put it this way, we're in out friends dreams where it's an alternate universe where everything is just.. fine and dandy... and we're trying to save this said friend from being taken over by an alter ego, who just so happens to have a name of a 𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝."

    Hero chuckles anxiously, "I mean.. when you put it that way... yeah. I don't think I'd ever believe it."

   Kel smiled, and faced towards the group, "Well, can't change what's happening, can we?" Hero could tell it was fake.

   He frowned, "Kel."

   "Hm?" Kel's smile quickly faded.
   Hero glanced down at his feet, "Oh... nevermind."      

   ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐧-𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 :)
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Woah..." All of them say in unison as they stare up at the large ladder.

Well besides Hero. He looked at it in horror, "Do... do we really have to climb that..?"

Basil looked around, "I think this is it. There's nothing else here."

Hero gulped. He couldn't really bring his inhaler in Headspace- sooo he was pretty fucked.

He sighed, "Fine."

.............................................................
"How you guys holding up?" Basil was the first up the ladder, then Hero, then Kel, then Aubrey. Aubrey didn't want anyone looking up her skirt, even though she had shorts underneath.

   "*pant* *pant* *pant*... doing just... f-fine!" Hero calls out to Basil, trying to hold steady on the bars.

   Kel and Aubrey, were somewhat calm...well, as calm as they'll ever be.

   "Dude! Hurry your ass up! We're almost there!" Aubrey poked Kel in the butt. "I'm going! I'm going!!" He replies firmly, looking down at her.

   Basil sighs and looks up at the sky, "Guys.. please no fighting, especially when we're a hundred something feet up in the air."

   "He's... *wheeze* he's right." Hero manages to get out under his breath.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Dirt? The fuck??" Aubrey calls out from underneath as they climb, literally, through the planet.