Chapter 53: Please god forgive me

~

   "She... s h e ' s  w h a t . . .?" Basil chokes out, feeling the pressure inside him become too overwhelming.

   "Basil?? Are you okay???" Kel sets a hand on his shoulder, but Basil jerks away.

   "I don't think you should touch him Kel..." Hero warned, "He knows something we don't... we shouldn't pressure him."

"And... I think I do too." Aubrey stared at her feet, remembering the revolting pictures she saw that day.

"You do??" Kel and Hero turn their heads towards Aubrey, who was looking away shyly.

"I... he had a photo album.. not ours... but another one... and... there was someone in them with him... a 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥..."

Basil swallows, feeling the world collapse around him. He couldn't stop rereading the words.

She's... she's... c o m i n g b a c k . . . ?

"What were the pictures???" Kel got too curious, asking a question that even made Basil flinch.

"Everything is going is be okay,
Everything is going to be okay,
E v e r y t h i n g
i s
g o i n g
t o
b e
o k a y." Basil said this sentence over, and over, and over again, in some sort of trance.

"It... it wasn't good. I don't think I should talk about the rest for..." Aubrey glares at Basil, "his... sake..."

"Oh..." Kel sighed, while Hero bent down in front of the crouched down Basil.

"Whatever that girl did to you... it's just like Sunny said... that doesn't define you." Hero's words did little to comfort the panicked Basil.

"Everything is going to be okay... everything is going to be okay... everything is going to be okay..." He started to scratch at the bandaid on his wrist, making the cut underneath bleed.

"Damnit! He's not listening!! What should we do??" She taped her foot against the wood dock.

(OMG WHY DID I JUST REMEMBER THAT IN THE LAST RESORT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT BUFFED UP PLUTO I TOTALLY FORGOT IM SORRY)

Kel grabs Basil's hand to stop him from hurting himself, but all Basil does is screech in his ear, "LET GO!! GET OFF!!!"

"I can't let you hurt yourself!!!" Kel tries to stay calm, but it seems worthless with Basil in this state.

   "NO, STOP!! PLEASE!!!" Basil cried out, starting to silently sob.

   Hero paced back and forth, puzzled, trying to figure out what to do.

   "PLEA... Pleas... ple... please..." Basil's eyes fluttered softly, his body going limp.

   "Basil??" Kel held up his hand, but he had already passed out.

"That's gonna be fun to deal with later." Aubrey'a sarcasm was through the roof LMAO.

"What do we do now? We can't just leave him here." Hero sighed in some sort of relief, glad he didn't freak out to her point of hurting others again.

"Wait- what's that??" Kel points to the whirlpool that took Humphrey's place, the water menacingly swirling around.

   "Should we go inside?" Aubrey frowns.

   "... it's the only place to go from here..." Hero slowly wraps Basil's arms and legs around his body, holding him up and carefully carrying him.

"But we could go back to Mari! We have all of they keys now! We were supposed to go back to Basil's house once we had them all." It was Kel's turn to pace back and forth.