Chapter 32: The lighter makes a spark (Pt. 2)

♡︎   ..ℐ 𝓁ℴℴ𝓀 𝒷ℯ𝓉𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀..♡︎
   Content Warning: SA/SH/SUI
   (AGAIN, IM SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER T-T I'LL MAKE IT UP!!)

   They all peak their heads around the corner of the doorframe.
   "Okay." Hero whispers, "We don't wanna make ourselves known, so we gotta do this smart. Basil, you still have your... er... "powers"? They took your knife away, so he-"
   "I'll... be the one attacking? Great." Basil frowns, trying not to get annoyed, "I don't even know how to use these quote on quote, "powers" without my knife!!" He mutters in disagreement, "And I don't really like to use them, because Omori gave them to me.. and you know how he is."
   "Just... I don't know... hold out your hand... and just... do it?" Kel tries to piece together a simple plan.
   Basil sighs and holds out his palm, but nothing happens.
   Kel laughs in defeat, "That usually works in movies..."
   "Guys. We have to come up with something else, like, we just have to sneak by until we find our weapons." Hero whispers, and they all nod their heads.
       ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
   Slowly but surely, they make their way through the dungeon in secret, not making their presence known to the guards.
     ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
   "Mari!" Kel dashes up to her, "How'd you get in here??"
   "Oh... hehe... I have my ways." She smiles warmly, "Also, I got something you might wanna have." She holds out their weapons.
"Thanks!"
"Thank you, Mari."
"... thanks."
"Wait! Mari? Can't you come and help us save Aubrey?" Kel turns to look at her, and she shakes her head, "I'm so sorry, but like I said, I just... can't." She looks at her hands in worry, "I feel... worthless. I mean, you guys are here to help, and I'm just here... a waste of time."
"That's not true." Hero puts his hand lightly on her shoulder, "Without you, we'd be clueless."
The sadness in her eyes quickly dispersed, "Okay." She grins softly.
"EWWWWW... PICKLES?!? REALLY, MARI?" Kel holds his nose dramatically.
She chuckles, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't know. You're as picky as I predicted, Kel." She smiles teasingly.
"Hey!!"
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
They sat in silence for a moment, then she darts her red glaring eyes at Aubrey, "Do as I say. You're a intelligent woman, I presume? You should know what to do."
"B-but... I'm only 17..!" Aubrey tries to reason, but Sweetheart isn't listening, "I mean... sure.. you're hot and everything... but... I just.. don't..." she fumbles over her words, nervously, "I... 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲... don't wanna marry you." She sighs, finally relieved she got it off her chest.
...
Sweetheart stares down, her bangs covering her crimson eyes.
   "You... 𝐲𝐨𝐮... how... 𝐥𝐮𝐱𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬!!" She smiles manically, "You dare to disobey me~" she takes one step towards Aubrey.
   "ᵘʰ ᵒʰ" she mumbles, backing up slowly onto the bed.
   "You don't understand... I have been trying.. for FIFTEEN YEARS... to find a soulmate... and when I met you... I felt a connection like I've never felt before! You... are an angel... a 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬~!!" She takes another step closer, grabbing her tank top in the back. She pulls it over her head and throws it to the side.
"U-uhm.." Aubrey stares at the hole in her stomach.
"Ah... yes... I am a doughnut... nevertheless... this can definitely still work~" one more step closer.
...
stop it...
please...
   i can't do this anymore.
   ~
   ~
   "Such a waste of a daughter."
   stop.
   i can't take this.
   i want everything to go away.
   ~
   ~
   "Aubs.. heh... I like that nickname..."
   "Will you promise to be my best friend forever...? Even when we pass on?"
   one slice.
   Two.
   Blood.
   interlocked by a pinky.
   forever tied by the red string of fate.
   always together... even after death.
   ~
   ~
   "He will be missed by all of us. Aubrey, his best friend, will like to speak his will."
   It felt like a gun to my head.
   "I... I... I love you... Devi..."
   "my... closest... friend..."
   ~
   ~
   stop.
   ~
   ~
   The flame. Beautiful, as it is destructive. One flick of my finger, and all my precious little memories fade away, off into oblivion. Is this why I have been sent down to this earth? To cause havoc in everything I touch...?
   So be it. I have no other purpose in this cruel world.
   ...
   I'll return to him soon, then... we can be together... forever.... ♡︎
   ...................
   A/n: don't know what to write here lmao
   im okay.