Chapter 10: Until I Turn Ten (2)

Aside from aura and mana, there are some people in this world who wield other special powers—although they are few and far between. Amongst these ‘special powers’, spiritual power is the rarest of them all.

And the beings who control spiritual power can be separated into two categories.

Those who were born from Solderet, just like Murakan, and people who made a contract with the god, just like Jin.

During his prime, Murakan could use spiritual power to fend off five 9-star magicians simultaneously without having to escape. Jin couldn’t even picture the dragon’s full power.

In other words, now that Solderet was refusing to show himself, Murakan was the perfect teacher for Jin.

“People like you and me who can use spiritual power can release spiritual energy. It’s the first and last technique we need to know.”

“First and last?”

“It’s a basic technique yet also a lethal move. The principle is easy. It’s similar to how a magician uses mana.”

When magicians reached the 3-star stage, they could release mana.

In other words, if someone could release mana, they had reached the 3-star stage. Since Jin was a 5-star magician in his past life, releasing mana was a piece of cake for him.

However, while Murakan knew that Jin had ‘mana’ within him, he didn’t know that the child had the ‘knowledge and skills of a 5-star magician’.

Jin had yet to tell the dragon about his rebirth, and he wasn’t planning on telling anyone from here on out.

“But as far as I know, magicians don’t use mana release as a lethal move… do they?”

“Just because they both use the word ‘release’ and are similar in style doesn’t mean mana release is on the same level as releasing spiritual energy.”

“Hm.”

“In any case, before you learn how to release spiritual energy, you must learn how to release mana first.”

“How come?”

At Jin’s question, Murakan simply shrugged.

“You need to begin with learning the easier techniques. Would you try to learn how to swing a steel sword when you can’t even lift a wooden one?”

“Aha.”

Jin nodded as he grasped the meaning, despite his reluctance. He had already mastered how to release mana in his previous life, so he was feeling impatient…

‘Oh well, I should just think of this as a revision. I haven’t tried to release mana ever since my regression either, so this is a good opportunity.’

Once Murakan sat straight before Jin, he suddenly burst out in laughter.

“Pffft hahaha… How amusing. I never would’ve thought I’d teach magic to a Runcandel child. If your father ever finds out about this, you and I are both as good as dead.”

Learning magic as a Runcandel signified treason.

Most martial clans disliked magic, but not many of them despised the very thought of magic as much as the Runcandel Clan. Ever since the death of the first patriarch, the Runcandels considered magic and its usage a taboo within the clan.

The clan members’ thought process was that if one learned magic, one wouldn’t be able to reach the pinnacle of swordsmanship. In actuality, several magic swordsmen had appeared throughout history, but none of them achieved incredible feats. They slowly disappeared and all traces of them vanished.