Chapter 124: Pursuers in Delki (1)

It took four days for the agents to return with meaningful information.

“We didn’t make any progress for the past few months, but we already got information after some clues. The agents brought some intel.”

“What is it about?”

“About the Marius surname. It’s a name found here and there in the region, but only one organization uses the name in the Delki Kingdom.”

“Not a clan, but an organization?”

“Yes. There’s an orphanage in the southern region of the Delki Kingdom called ‘Lunar Sacrifice’. And everyone from that orphanage uses the Marius surname.”

“It probably means that Alu and Taimyun were from the same orphanage. Although they aren’t blood-related, they must have a deep connection.”

“Correct. And it seems the agents got some cool information about the orphanage as well. Lunar Sacrifice was not just any orphanage.”

Lunar Sacrifice’s objective was not just to take care of orphans.

It was true that they took in many orphans, but the true motive was to sharpen the dagger of the king’s army.

“The followers of Delki’s king operated Lunar Sacrifice. They trained the orphans to become assassins or spies. It was shut down after the king’s faction won the civil war.”

“Basically, a secret weapon factory.”

“Yes, and their training methods were brutal. They made the orphans create strong bonds with each other before forcing them to kill one another. Ultimately, the surviving child would be the chosen one…”

“Crazy bastards. Even the Runcandel Clan doesn’t do that. Then, does the activity period between Nanny Taimyun and Alu overlap? I’m sure the age gap is huge.”

“Although their activity periods do not overlap, apparently, Taimyun Marius visited Lunar Sacrifice whenever she had the chance. Even after she became one of the Runcandel Clan’s nannies.”

“Even then?”

“Yes. That’s the main part of the agents’ report. I don’t know whether the Runcandels stayed silent about it or they simply didn’t care. But she went at least once every two months.”

According to Jin’s knowledge, the nannies almost never had personal time. They only had one week in the entire year as an official break.

And, usually, they would forfeit their one-week break and return to their caretaking. They were mostly those with ‘no place to return’.

‘Personality-wise, Luna could’ve given her many unofficial breaks. But constantly visiting the same orphanage… Maybe she felt bad for the orphans who are in her same abject situation?’

In that case, it would make sense for Taimyun to give Alu an opportunity.

Either way, after confirming their relations, Jin felt a little uneasy. He wished that their surnames were coincidentally identical and that they had absolutely no connection to each other.

Then, even if Alu was related to Jin’s curse, Jin wouldn’t need to suspect Taimyun.

“What’s the source?”

“There were some Lunar Sacrifice survivors in Delki. Nine people, excluding the deceased Alu. They were survivors when the Delki prince’s faction shut down the facility.”

All of the survivors acted in the shadows. Either they worked in the dark alleyways or as gangsters who ripped money off commoners.

“They were all careful with their speech regarding Taimyun. The agents’ massive monetary bribes were barely able to pull out the information on Taimyun’s frequent visits.”