Chapter 83: Meeting Cyron (3)

Fsssssshhh…

The former intact door’s dust flew away silently.

‘I’ve heard about it many times. Father’s blade beam is at the level of instantly disintegrating anything it touches.’

Since there were remnants of the object—albeit in the form of dust—saying that it was completely disintegrated was inaccurate. However, Cyron’s swordsmanship was still composed of techniques that transcended humanity.

In fact, he didn’t even have his sword in his hand. Instead, at the tip of his fingers were the glowing embers of residual aura—implying that he temporarily conjured a sword.

Although the destroyed door was a murderous threat, Jin felt like he received a present.

‘He was showing me a close-up of the edge of his sword.’

Cyron, with his eyes wide open, looked down upon Jin. This time, even Jin couldn’t decipher his expression.

‘Hm… Should I have greeted Father differently? Since my head is still intact, I don’t think it was that bad…’

And Cyron was doused with a strange feeling.

For five minutes, none of them exchanged any words. The patriarch could only feel his throat drying up as he thought of his youngest son.

It was because…

‘It’s the first time I heard my child say that they missed me.’

His feelings were genuine, and Jin’s words rendered him speechless.

He had thirteen children, but they all just called him ‘Father’. Beyond that name, he had never formed relationships with them.

The Runcandel children’s childhoods were the nannies’ responsibilities.

And as soon as the children became one year old and completed the Selection Ritual, they would be sent to the Mitel Kingdom to spend their early years.

After hitting the age of 10 and returning to the Garden of Swords, the children were bound to fear Cyron and Rosa.

It was because they learned about their parents through different classes and lectures at the Storm Castle.

Beyond being ‘parents’, they were the absolute rulers of the massive clan. In fact, they held power that could twist and turn the world. If possible, the children would be taught through blood and violence should they fail to produce good results.

So, of course, Cyron and Rosa didn’t expect any ‘I wanted you see you’ from their children after putting them into such an environment.

All they wanted was to determine the next-in-line to the throne—the one to continue Cyron’s grand legacy of being the world’s greatest swordsman.

Only that was important.

‘…Not bad.’

It had been a long time since his heart was filled with emotion.

Looking back, after rising to the demigod realm, it was his youngest son who always moved him.

‘Although I praise you for moving your father’s heart, that is still not enough. Alright, let’s hear what you have to say.’

Cyron gently smiled.

“You came to see me… Did you get infected with awkward familial love after drinking sewage water? I didn’t expect that kind of response from you.”

‘Not a bad reaction!’

Ascertaining a good response, Jin lowered his head and continued to lie a little more.