Chapter 132: Taimyun Marius (5)

Although Taimyun had the skills of at least a 7-star as a nanny of Runcandel, she couldn’t react to the ambush from the knights—whom she thought were her allies—while she was in an unprepared position.

Stab!

Jin’s throwing dagger pierced an assassin’s shoulder. The killer couldn’t swing their weapon properly, allowing Taimyun to evade a fatal wound even though she reacted a little late.

Sssk.

The edge of the dagger skimmed her shoulder. Still, she couldn’t accept the situation. Her eyes widened.

‘That was dangerous. If I were a little late, Taimyun would’ve died.’

Jin saved her not because he liked her.

There was a mountain of information they needed out of her.

He couldn’t leave the culprit of his curse to die after having no clues despite fifteen years of searching. Furthermore, the person punishing her should be him, and no one else.

Finding Taimyun and the Runcandel sibling behind her, he was close to solving the mystery of his past life. Jin alleviated his anger and gritted his teeth.

“How dare you… in my land!”

Luna swung Crantel, and two assassins lost their heads.

If they were real enforcement knights, then they would’ve at least resisted the attack. At that moment, Luna knew that they were fake. She stared at the rest of the assassins.

Before the disconnected heads could hit the ground, Jin instantly closed the gap between him and Taimyun.

“Who sent them?! Who soiled the Runcandel name?!”

Luna’s angry voice echoed throughout. The other assassins lost their balance and stumbled backwards.

Not because they were scared of Luna’s immense power. It was an instinctive reaction due to her incomprehensible power.

If they stumbled due to the energy in her voice, then the assassins were lower than 6-star. And there were only five of them, so the moment they fail their assassination on the first strike, they would lose their only opportunity.

However, they weren’t knights, but well-trained assassins.

Two of their allies died in a flash, but without changing their expression, they continued to target Taimyun.

“Jin!”

“Don’t worry!”

Jin swung Bradamante towards the assassin who first tried to kill Taimyun. Grabbing and throwing Taimyun backwards, the assassin tried to deflect the swing with their dagger.

Slash!

Jin cut off the assassin’s arm, pinned him to the ground, and cut open the airways.

While blood splattered everywhere, Jin felt like the assassins came knowing that they’d die. As he expected, they came to self-destruct alongside Taimyun in the first place.

“I was right, Taimyun Marius. Your higher-up has no intention of saving you.”

Jin calmly spoke as he shook the blood off his blade. Luna broke the limbs of the remaining assassins and successfully pinned them down.

They needed to ask some questions, so they didn’t kill them off completely.

Crrrrk!

Luna crumpled the helmets on their heads. The thick steel helmet that was worn to emulate a real enforcement knight crumpled like paper in Luna’s hands.