Chapter 144: Nameless (3)

Four days had passed. Every day after waking up, Jin ate breakfast with the man, roamed the streets, returned by sunset, and ate dinner.

The carefree days made him feel like he came to a remote vacation spot instead of Samil. Whenever he roamed the streets or resided in the house with the man, there wasn’t a single assassination attempt.

Jin’s days were very peaceful.

The place he resided in was an intermediate cadet’s home.

The cadets in the streets were worse than his landlord. The fact that he came back alive from the house reminded those below that Jin was not someone to mess with.

‘No one’s going for me after the first day. Feels a little weird.’

Flip, flip.

Leaning on a tree, Jin flipped through an encyclopedia about different poisons and poisonous plants from Samil’s library.

As much as a visitor could borrow it, it didn’t have much information in it. However, since Jin didn’t know much about poisons, he was very intrigued.

A pair of eyes hiding behind a tree across from him watched him intently.

‘Heehee. Out of everyone in the family, he seems to like books.’

Yona was very busy supervising her younger brother.

Aside from the fact that she hadn’t seen him in a long time, Yona had her own reason to watch him.

Jin’s skill level.

She had to identify that in order to send assassins at his level. And based on her observations, his skills were unbelievable for a 16-year-old.

‘Not only is his aura spectacular, but his ability to detect danger is also remarkable. Like a veteran who survived death multiple times.’

Even for a Runcandel, that much experience was rare.

Usually, if they didn’t push themselves on the verge of death because they were a Runcandel, then experiencing life or death situations was hard.

‘He would’ve overcome those situations at least once or twice at the age of 16… What kind of life did this kid live through?’

Just as Yona said, pureblood Runcandels usually went through similar experiences during their flag-bearer conquests. However, she felt that the youngest didn’t just experience it once or twice.

She wasn’t wrong. In fact, Jin had overcome more challenges and hardships than any other Runcandel.

Although Yona didn’t know it, Jin had the experience of someone who had lived until their mid-40s—including his past life. And since he was a weakling in his past life, he had to live through many more things the hard way.

‘Very interesting! Intermediate or intermediate-advanced wouldn’t be enough… I should send some advanced assassin groups.’

“Heehee~”

Yona lightly giggled and left the forest.

‘Hm?’

Jin looked at where she was last. And then he thought to himself.

‘Something was over there again… It’s been so many days since I’ve started sensing these. Ha. Ever since the clapping sound, I think I’m going crazy.’

* * *

Reaper Scans

* * *

“You, can’t you leave my house now?”