Chapter 48: Banquet (3)

The butlers continued reporting to the patriarch with concerned looks.

“There are five of them. Andrei Zipfel came personally with other family members.”

Andrei Zipfel, the Zipfel Clan’s second-in-command.

He was given the title of ‘Wind King’ due to his contract with the God of Wind Melzeyer and the blessing he received from the Wind Dragon Vyuretta.

He was the man with the highest authority in the clan after Kelliark Zipfel, the patriarch. He was a 9-star magician who could annihilate a couple of small nations within a morning if he felt like it.

Such a powerful man had suddenly come to the Runcandel Clan without any forewarning.

‘Andrei Zipfel…?’

Just like Beradin Zipfel, he was someone Jin envied and idolized in his past life as a rookie magician.

If it were the Jin from before his death, his heart would be racing like crazy right now from excitement of meeting his idol, a grand magician even his master had acknowledged.

‘But it seems like he’s someone without any manners.’

Right now, he was merely an impudent and rude guest who had come uninvited.

Whether he was a grand magician or a grand magician’s grandfather, one had to show the proper courtesy and manners when visiting the Runcandels’ venerated Garden.

Even Kelliark Zipfel—the patriarch—had shown the proper respect when visiting the clan twenty years ago, and the Vermont Emperor had done the same twelve years ago.

Jin discreetly turned his head to check his father, and Cyron appeared to be of the same opinion as his son.

“What an impertinent prick.”

The visitors who were looking up at Cyron from the first floor didn’t know what was going on, but the sharp ones amongst them noticed the change in facial expression on Cyron’s face. Soon enough, a tense atmosphere took over the hall.

The butlers kept their heads lowered and waited for Cyron to respond.

“Heinz.”

The first-class butler in the middle with clean, white hair approached Cyron.

“Yes, Lord Patriarch.”

“Inform Andrei Zipfel to get lost, but let the other Zipfel clansmen with him inside. And don’t do it yourself. Tell the servants to do it.”

Jin almost choked on his saliva as he listened from the side.

Although Andrei had been rude to come uninvited, to send him away at the gate like this would be a terrible insult… Only a true monarch would be allowed to refuse and humiliate Andrei like this.

“Understood.”

Heinz replied with a composed tone.

Once the butlers took their leave, Cyron turned to Jin with a softened look.

“Do you think that my decision was a bit extreme?”

“I found it quite gratifying. This should embarrass Andrei Zipfel quite a bit and put him in a tough spot.”

“Why do you think it’ll put him in a tough spot?”

“Father ordered to ‘let the other Zipfel clansmen inside’. In other words, if Andrei Zipfel takes his leave with the other clansmen out of embarrassment, he’ll have ignored the Runcandel patriarch’s permission. But such a thing is not permitted in the Garden of Swords.”