Chapter 148: Accidental Victory (2)

Owal lightened the pressure he placed upon Jin. The bottomless darkness soaked the atmosphere, but Beradin’s and Dante’s snoring didn’t change one bit.

Owal already used some needles to paralyze them. Now, instead of his fighting spirit, he could immobilize Jin with just his glare.

Jin’s body trembled regardless of his resolve, but he didn’t feel any fear.

He shook because his body couldn’t take all of the energy being emitted by Owal.

‘I didn’t say it on purpose, but he’s furious just because I brought up Elder Sister Yona’s name. It means it’s sensitive information, basically resulting in the leader’s wrath.’

In fact, Owal revealed his own weakness. Even now, all he did was glare at Jin, and he didn’t look like he was going to take Jin’s life.

‘I kinda get it…’

He concluded his calculations.

All thanks to the past few days that Yona presented to him.

‘The Leader of Nameless is incredibly strong, but when it comes to assassination skills, Elder Sister Yona is one level above him based on Nameless’s principles.’

When Jin first spent his time in the intermediate cadet’s house, Yona observed him in the cramped second floor for over an hour. Afterwards, she constantly stalked Jin close by, indiscriminate between open or cramped spaces.

Without being spotted. That was a skill incomparable to assassination, and Jin had been mistaken thinking that he was just weak or Nameless’s best assassins was a little better.

It wasn’t that at all.

If basic assassination were the goal, the Leader of Nameless could take Jin’s life without him knowing. However, even the leader couldn’t make a feat like Yona had.

Not just in Nameless. No one in the entire world could mimic Yona Runcandel’s skills.

Jin suddenly remembered Luna’s words before he became a provisional flag-bearer.

Among the siblings, is there anyone you feel a threat from?

Nobody for a one-on-one. Maybe Luntia or Dipus? Or maybe you in the future…? However, Yona is really dangerous.

Elder Sister Yona? Because of poison?

No, she’s an assassin. Assassins can take anyone’s life if they lower their guard.

At the time, Jin thought it was just a reminder about the danger of assassins. However, he just realized the hidden meaning behind Luna’s words.

“I wouldn’t care if I rip you apart right now, but just to be considerate of Lord Cyron, I’ll turn a blind eye for you.”

Owal responded in a soft voice, Jin stood and bowed.

‘He mentioned Father because he had a reason to. To guarantee that he’ll never kill me, even if I slander Elder Sister Yona.’

Jin liked the fact that there was less of a reason to die at Owal’s hand.

Moreover, he became more certain that the leader came to save him.

‘The Leader of Nameless came so he could save me from my sister. The deaths of Dante and Beradin from Yona’s horseplay would be problematic for the leader.’

Jin willed down his smirk.

He liked his ability and position to throw threats, but a weakness was more effective when it was held in hand than shaking it provokingly. With the attitude that he could squeeze and make it explode whenever he wanted.