Chapter 128: Taimyun Marius (1)

Criminals who committed magical arson in the Huphester Alliance faced the highest punishment. On top of that, serial killing with high-tier magic was the highest crime of them all.

Realizing the severity of the case, the Delki Prince took the knights and pursued the culprit.

In dangerous times, the people of nobility should step forward. That was the principle that the king’s faction promoted after winning the war twenty years ago.

“I am Delki’s third prince, Laika Delki. Put down your weapons!”

The prince shouted after seeing Kuzan and Beris.

‘Shit, it had to be now…! I was about to end him!’

Kuzan’s eyes flicked between Jin and the prince’s army. Jin had a fighting stance, but half of his consciousness was gone. He was breathing heavily.

Behind Kuzan, Beris was trembling from mana overflow. She didn’t even know the knights were there.

Kuzan gritted his teeth.

‘I will find you again and kill you!’

The moment Kuzan picked up Beris, the archers fired. At that moment, the knights ran towards Jin and pinned him to the ground.

Jin didn’t even let out a sound as he fell to the ground. All of his senses were shut down, so he didn’t feel any pain.

Laika jumped off his horse and unhooded Jin.

‘Huh? This boy is…?!’

Jin Runcandel.

It was a face that he remembered seeing at the previous year’s Runcandel banquet. Laika gasped and checked the young Runcandel’s profile again.

“They’re… the culprits…”

Jin whispered with his remaining strength.

The prince looked back and saw Kuzan running away with Beris in his arms. Despite the archers’ shower of arrows, the two managed to get far away.

“Get them! Healer, aid this man immediately!”

“Yes, sir!”

* * *

Jin jolted awake and sat up to look around him.

“Are you awake?”

It was Laika.

“This is my summer house, Young Master. I chose this place in consideration of your current situation. And you woke up within three hours.”

“Three hours?”

“Please be thankful that you are not dead. According to the healer, the poison in your blood was difficult for even 8-star warriors to bear. If you weren’t a Runcandel, you would have never woken up again.”

Kuzan and Beris.

They were the strongest opponents he had fought thus far. Especially surviving Kuzan’s poison was no different from a miracle.

If Laika had arrived later, Jin would have been gone for good.

“What happened to them?”

“We lost them. I don’t know how you somehow injured that monster. That man with the injury ran away with the woman in his arms.”

From Laika’s knowledge, Jin was a 5-star. On the other hand, Kuzan couldn’t face the knights despite being an 8-star due to his injured state.

‘Even if the press announces Young Master Jin’s promotion to 6-star, standing on the same level as that man is impossible.’