Chapter 42: Enemies In And Out (2)

There were a total of five flag-bearers who came running to the main building with Rosa’s summons.

They were the third son Ran, the fourth son Vigo, the fourth daughter Myu, the fifth daughter Anne, and finally, the second daughter Luntia.

Rosa made them stand straight in a single file and glared at them with a dark, heavy gaze. The flurry of shouts and reprimands she had been hurling at them had calmed down a bit.

But once Jin entered the room, she raised her voice again.

“How can you people who call themselves ‘flag-bearers’ mess up so badly?!”

As Rosa let out a thunderous roar, the documents and pen holder on her table went flying in all four directions. In fact, the pen holder cracked and broke apart due to the energy in her voice.

Haaaaa…!

She let out a deep sigh and turned to Jin.

“…You’ve arrived.”

“Yes, Mother.”

His siblings’ attention turned to him as well.

Ran and Vigo’s gazes were dyed in annoyance and irritation. Their reactions were natural as they weren’t involved in the issuing of his mission.

Myu and Anne were openly showing their animosity towards Jin.

Their lips were curled upwards, but their pupils were dyed red in bloodthirst, as if they were warning him they’d kill him if they ever had the chance.

Meanwhile, Luntia had a calm bearing. She was merely curious to know if her youngest sibling—whom she hadn’t seen in a long while—was truly a 5-star knight as the rumours said.

“Have you heard of the news? Your next mission will be at the Kollon Ruins.”

“Yes, I’ve been told.”

“I’m cancelling that mission. You won’t be going to Kollon.”

““Mother!””

Myu and Anne raised their voices simultaneously and took a couple of steps forward.

“You wenches only care about killing the youngest, don’t you? Did gaining the petty authority and power of a flag-bearer grant you nonexistent balls to stand against your mother?”

Rosa looked down at her daughters with ice-cold eyes.

However, the two daughters didn’t let themselves get intimidated.

“Mother, is it really so strange that we’re trying to kill the youngest?”

“What…?”

“To be honest, I cannot understand why you try to protect the youngest so much.”

Myu stared at her mother in the eyes.

“Go on, I dare you to continue yapping with that piehole. Have you lost your mind?”

“Ever since we were born, you have merely watched us from the sidelines with father and even encouraged us to fight amongst each other, Mother. Was that not because competition is a necessity in our family?”

“She’s right, Mother. In fact, you must know how much everyone here has been oppressed and pressured by our older siblings while growing up. Back when I was in the intermediate class, I was also sent on highly difficult missions assigned to me by my older siblings! Dozens of times!”

A moment of silence followed.

Myu and Anne weren’t completely in the wrong. Conflict and secret harassment between siblings in the Runcandel Clan was inevitable. In fact, it was the fate of all Runcandel children. Moreover, Cyron and Rosa never intervened to stop the bloodbath occurring amongst their children.