Chapter 176: Mirages of the Great Mythra Desert (4)

Lightning rained everywhere.

Whenever a lightning bolt struck the ground, an ear-splitting explosion occurred. The power of a spell around 7-star to 8-star, but Jin didn't know of its name.

It was the same with the second spell. The lightning gathered and spiraled around the tip of the staff and turned into a spear. The spear then flashed towards Jin.

Valeria Hister, Jin's master in magic. The lone descendant of the Hister Clan.

The level of her magic was beyond comprehension.

Her mastery of the art was immaculate. She enjoyed using modifications of her magic, utilizing different spells in her own style.

Flash!

The lightning spear shattered Jin's magic barrier. Before the sharp, shattering sound could reach his ears, blood dripped from his ear lobe.

The spear skimmed his ear. Even the strongest warrior with the fastest blade couldn't make such a fast strike.

Jin frantically cast another shield and gritted his teeth.

'She's really going to kill me.'

In his past life, he sparred her over five hundred times.

Jin had over five hundred losses, and not a single time did Valeria try to kill him.

"Dodging well, my apprentice."

Shiiieeek!

The spear that Jin dodged turned around. As it charged towards his back, Valeria shot another spear at a slight delay.

The timing made it so that dodging both was almost impossible.

After barely dodging the first, Jin instantly dropped to the floor. Simultaneously, Valeria conjured and shot a third spear.

When Jin cast his first spell, five spears were already flying around.

Valeria gathered all of the spears in front of her.

Jin could no longer gawk at her limitless power. He took a battle stance and eyed her.

"Now you want to fight. It's your last chance. Grab your sword."

Valeria pointed to Bradamante, stuck upside down in the sand.

Jin's hand slowly moved towards its handle. However, before he could touch it, he shook his head and refused to grab it.

"I can't."

"You're too stubborn. You'll die."

"We can only find out about that after the fight. And Valeria, I will play your way."

Valeria smiled. Then, her eyes narrowed.

"My way, you say. We'll see, my apprentice."

The five spears moved, each angled in different directions. And from Jin's left hand, an Overload Vortex emerged with a screech.

"I see you have a new master? Well, it would have been a waste of talent if I weren't there. But Kidard Hall was the best you could find?"

His only master, and her only apprentice. They always called each other that. No other grand magician could become Jin's master, and no other genius could become Valeria's apprentice.

Knowing that, Valeria carefully selected and intentionally used vocabulary that was brutal for Jin. All to take him down a little more easily. To make his heart and emotions waver just a bit to find an opening.

That was how Valeria 'played'. If she planned on killing someone, she would never discriminate between different methods-even the petty ones.

However, the moment she first bet her life and the moment she let him grab his sword were all in kindness and love for her apprentice.